PDA

View Full Version : Fair price for clean Bridgewood PBS-540

Noah Vig
01-10-2008, 10:11 PM
Hi,

Grizzly saw I ordered won't be in stock until estimated end of May.

So, I am looking for advice on how much I should pay for a Bridgewood PBS-540. It has an ACM motor, not a Baldor. It looks to be in very good condition.

Any opinions would be greatly appreciated as I really don't know.

Thank you, Noah

keith ouellette
01-10-2008, 10:19 PM
I would check to see if the company that sold bridgewood is still in business and selling parts for that saw. It was wilke machinery and when I purchased My yorkcraft's (not very good) the had stopped selling bridgewood. They lied to me (I spoke to Ken wilke) and said they were not going out of business but they did. They were going to service machines but I think that may have been a lie to finish selling the last of there stock. I don't know for sure but I would check if I were you.

Steve Rowe
01-10-2008, 11:28 PM
If I am not mistaken, ACM is the manufacturer of the bandsaw. I was not aware ACM made motors. The ACM bandsaw is a good Italian made machine and is the same company that makes the higher end Laguna machines and the Felder bandsaws. I have an 8 year old Laguna made by ACM and it has been very reliable. If the Bridgewood is in good condition, depending on age I would guess its value to be about $1200, perhaps more. If you are unsure of what to check on purchasing a bandsaw, a good reference is Mark Duginske's book "The New Complete Guide to the Band Saw". It has a chapter on what to check when buying used and new bandsaws.

I have previously owned two Bridgewood machines for about 20 years without any problems. The overall quality was very good.

Good luck with your quest.
Steve