PDA

View Full Version : Delvie's Plastics Inc. anyone use them?

Chad Voller
01-10-2008, 4:25 PM
I was going through the supplier links here, since we are looking for some acrylic, 3/16" or .177 actual, and found Delvie's Plastics Inc. Their prices seem to be about as low as I could find, and they don't require you to make an account to place an order, like others I've been finding. And some don't even show prices without getting on the phone with some salesperson.

My questions are...have any of you used them as a supplier? Are they reasonable, shipping cost and shipping time wise? Is it a good quality cast acrylic?

If any of you use another supplier that doesn't require an account, a link to their site would be great.

Darryl Hazen
01-10-2008, 4:31 PM
We use Delvie's all the time. They're great to deal with. Can't tell you about the shipping since they are local for us. When you call in tell Debbie that Imprintables Promotional sent you. It won't get you a discount (sorry). They just like to know where their customers hear about them.

Chad Voller
01-10-2008, 4:44 PM
Forgive me, since I'm new to this field, but when they say the acrylic product they carry is Plexiglass, this is actually the name given by the manufacturer, correct? Kinda like Kleenex is a brand of tissue, and Rollerblade is brand of inline skate. And it had such popularity, that people often refer to acrylic as Plexiglass? Or is there a real difference between Plexiglass and other acrylic products?

Angus Hines
01-10-2008, 4:55 PM
It is just a brand name it is the German subsidary of CYRO Acrylite. and yes it a very good quality acrylic un like some of the Mexican/chinese cast products where on any one sheet you can have thickness diffrences of .035. So be ware of those products if thickness tolerance is important to your job run.

Dave West
01-10-2008, 5:57 PM
I used Delvies for 1/2 inch plexi for my CNC. I found their shipping to be abnormally high, although the price for plastic wasn't bad.

Dave

Mike Null
01-10-2008, 10:04 PM
I don't find their shipping costs to be out of line. Perhaps it's because you're in Florida and they're in Utah.

I use them for mirrored acrylic because it's good quality.

Ricky Gore
01-11-2008, 1:40 PM
I've purchased several acrylic sheets from them. It is really nice stuff and it was delivered fast. I bought, Mirrored & Clear.

Brian Robison
01-11-2008, 2:57 PM
I buy from them also. The trick to shipping is to ask for USPS Parcel Post. It seems like I could get 20, 12x12 pieces of 1/8" for about 8 bucks.

Chad Voller
01-11-2008, 4:08 PM
Cool. Thanks guys.

Ed Maloney
01-11-2008, 6:08 PM
I order from them. No problems, quick delivery.

Peter Zacarelli
01-12-2008, 10:56 PM
Delvie's Plastics Inc. is the only way to go unless you have a local supplier.
I have a local supplier but they only sell hugh sheets and will not cut them down to size. Delvie's Plastics has the size I need for my Mini 18. They ship fast and have a very friendly customer service. I highly recommend them.