PDA

View Full Version : "Weekend Doin's"

Karl Laustrup
01-10-2008, 3:42 PM
Friday January 10, 2007 ....make that Friday January 11, 2008 - Moderator Edit :)

GOOD AFTERNOON "CREEKERS"!

Well, I seem to be a wee bit late today. No excuse really. Just got up this morning with a lot to do and these old brain cells don't process stuff like they used to, and I just remembered to do the "Doin's" thread. And just think, I'm gonna be another year older in a short time. :eek:

We've had a pretty good meltdown over the last 5-6 days. :) Lost a lot of snow, but my lawn is still about 70% covered. We also had some bad fog that caused about a 100 vehicle pile up on I-39/90/94 just south of Madison. The interstate was closed for about 10 hours in both directions. Now we have some more snow coming in tonight and tomorrow. They're saying it could be up to 6 inches. ENOUGH ALREADY!!!

Not much on my agenda this weekend. Have to move some more furniture, but mostly watch the playoff games [Go PACKERS & GIANTS].

What's on the agenda for you this weekend?? Whatever it is, I hope you get to do something you want and you enjoy it.

Have a good one and make it SAFE.

Karl

David G Baker
01-10-2008, 3:45 PM
Karl,
I have a feeling that I will spend part of the day using the snow thrower clearing my 300 foot driveway if the weatherman and Doppler Radar are correct.
Most of the snow we got earlier is pretty well gone.

Mike Marcade
01-10-2008, 3:46 PM
I get to put down my pre-emergent crabgrass killer. YIPPEE!!!! :(

Dale Osowski
01-10-2008, 4:08 PM
I'll be working on a carved fireplace mantel. Maybe play a few sets of darts too.

Dale

David Duke
01-10-2008, 4:10 PM
Friday January 10, 2007

GOOD AFTERNOON "CREEKERS"!

Well, I seem to be a wee bit late today. No excuse really. Just got up this morning with a lot to do and these old brain cells don't process stuff like they used to, and I just remembered to do the "Doin's" thread. And just think, I'm gonna be another year older in a short time. :eek:

Karl

But Karl its ONLY THURSDAY!!!!!!!!!!!

IF SHMBO can ever decide what style of cabinetry she wants in the pantry I need to begin that but until then...............

Saturday evening I have a fuction with the local Chamber of Commerce plus sometimes this weekend I need to get down the rest of our Christmas lights. Other than that a relatively non-eventful weekend except for what I hope to be great football.

Karl Laustrup
01-10-2008, 4:13 PM
As was pointed out by one of our esteemed moderators via a PM, this is only THURSDAY. :o I'll change the date from the 10th to the 11th tomorrow. ;)

And here I thought I was late. Well, I guess I was for last week, but I'm early for this week. I think. Oh, leave me alone. I'm old and senile. :eek::D

I've got to go take care of what few brain cells I have left. :D

Karl

Glenn Clabo
01-10-2008, 5:09 PM
Oh, leave me alone. I'm old and senile. :eek::D

Karl

Oh boy Karl...do I know what you are saying here. I went to work today...looked at my calendar...and found that I didn't have any meetings scheduled. Well.....not being a visonary like some people....when you look at the Jan 2009 calendar...:o

Al Killian
01-10-2008, 5:24 PM
Well, If the wether holds off, I will be cleaning the old building(new shop) and getting ready to move stuff in. Plus a guy is dropping off a few end taables to refinish. Buy summer I will have all the paperwork done to make this refinishing a legal bussiness.

Al Willits
01-10-2008, 5:54 PM
No cleaning at your place this weekend Karl, have to work saturday and sunday is working on the TV stand for the leader of the coven, monday I have off so its oil change time for the truck and more TV stand work.

And possibly putting more miles on the snow blower...grrrrrrr

Did buy a new GPS chip for the boats dephtfinder, may install that if I have time.

Have a safe and well weekend....even if its a bit early... :D

Al

Steve Clardy
01-10-2008, 6:29 PM
Working on a huge cab job in the shop.

Also have a new Woodmaster 712 coming tomorrow.
Using it for molding only.
Need to get it up and running. Dust collection, etc.
Have some crown to run.

My old belsaw isn't keeping up anymore.

Matt Meiser
01-10-2008, 7:24 PM
Well tomorrow I have to work since its Friday :D

Actually I'll probably only put in a 2/3 day tomorrow since I've already put in some extra hours this week. I need to put in some serious time on the woodworking for my parents' bathroom since I need to wrap that phase of the project up in the next week or two.

Tyler Howell
01-10-2008, 8:30 PM
Karl are you a day early???
When did you start on Thu???
Any way headed to the new place taking more shop stuff with me.
Have a safe weekend.

Steve Clardy
01-10-2008, 8:55 PM
Karl are you a day early???
When did you start on Thu???
Any way headed to the new place taking more shop stuff with me.
Have a safe weekend.

Guess thats better than a day late :eek::D

Joe Mioux
01-10-2008, 9:42 PM
is this 2007 or 2008? ;)

Brandon Shew
01-10-2008, 9:43 PM
As was pointed out by one of our esteemed moderators via a PM, this is only THURSDAY. :o I'll change the date from the 10th to the 11th tomorrow. ;)

And here I thought I was late. Well, I guess I was for last week, but I'm early for this week. I think. Oh, leave me alone. I'm old and senile. :eek::D

Karl

While you're at it, change the year to 2008.

I hope to get some time playing w/ the new 24" Leigh Superjig this weekend.

Jim Becker
01-10-2008, 10:14 PM
Friday January 10, 2007

I am thinking you are early, Karl...Friday would be the 11th! And 2008. LOL So as one of your trusty moderators, I've, umm...changed the date for you since after 24 hours you will not be able to!

My weekend will include the YMCA karate and swimming run, work on the night stands and ripping out the other barn wood cabinets in our great room that I've been waiting years to destroy!! :eek: :D

Karl Laustrup
01-11-2008, 6:45 AM
Thanks Jim. And thanks to Ken in Idaho also for bringing it to my attention. :D

Don't know where my head was yesterday. Missed the day as well as the year. Thank goodness I wasn't working with any machines yesterday. :eek:
I could have severely harmed myself.

Now, after a good nights sleep, I must go and throw some snow around. Looks like we got about 3 inches overnight. :mad:

Again, have a good weekend all. And a safe one.

Karl

Al Willits
01-11-2008, 8:42 AM
Its the thought, right Karl? :D:D

Al