PDA

View Full Version : I made a donation but can't post in classifieds.

Bob Roberts
01-10-2008, 12:12 PM
How long do I have to wait until I am able to post a classified ad after making a donation?

Jackie Outten
01-10-2008, 5:43 PM
Bob,

You made your donation last night after I was asleep and I don't have access to paypal until I get home from school. I will upgrade your account is the next 10 minutes.

Jackie

nic obie
01-10-2008, 8:25 PM
I made a donation years ago that should cover me for a more few years but I am banned from posting in the classified section.

Is this correct?

nic obie
01-11-2008, 7:35 PM
I made a donation years ago that should cover me for a more few years but I am banned from posting in the classified section.

Is this correct?

bumpin for a response..:rolleyes:

Ken Fitzgerald
01-11-2008, 8:05 PM
Nic....It's my understanding that donations are an annual thing. That's why new contributors have the "2008 Contributor" under their name tag. In fact, it is my understanding that the new software Aaron is working with will eventually automatically weedout those who haven't given for the current year and change their status and title under their name tag to member.

nic obie
01-12-2008, 12:27 PM
Thanks for the answer Ken.

I guess I should have limited my donation (subscription?) to $6. :confused:

Bruce Page
01-12-2008, 1:19 PM
Nic, I have always considered my contributions which have always been higher than the requested $6.00 as covering some members that might be going through hard times, not as a multi year subscription.
I don’t recall anyone saying that it was anything otherwise.

nic obie
01-13-2008, 7:42 PM
Nic,
I don’t recall anyone saying that it was anything otherwise.

Doesn't it seem obvious that quadrupling my "donation" should give extra years access? Seems as Keith O. (aka Lowtax) should have made this clear when asking for more money.

Never was it mentioned that BIG donations would only be good for ONE year.

Myself, I look forward to advertisements as it might :rolleyes: put an end to the begging for bucks.

Like how much money does it take anyway?

Bruce Page
01-13-2008, 7:49 PM
Never was it mentioned that BIG donations would only be good for ONE year.

I never heard Keith ask for more than 6 bucks.

David Duke
01-13-2008, 8:19 PM
I never heard Keith ask for more than 6 bucks.

In fact he asked on more than one occasion for members to limit there contributions to the $6.00.

Jim O'Dell
01-13-2008, 9:42 PM
And the plea for donations has always been limited to that year's fund drive. In 2005, I gave 4 times more too. The following 2 years funds were low and I was not able to contribute anything. This year a little better and I was able to contribute some again. But I never considered griping in the interim that my bigger donation should have updated my contributor tag to the newer year.
Sorry you feel this way, but I don't see that it is anything that Keith, or the others asking for donations, have done to mislead anyone. Jim.

Larry James
01-16-2008, 11:57 AM
Nic....It's my understanding that donations are an annual thing. That's why new contributors have the "2008 Contributor" under their name tag. In fact, it is my understanding that the new software Aaron is working with will eventually automatically weedout those who haven't given for the current year and change their status and title under their name tag to member.Sounds reasonable.

Nic, I have always considered my contributions which have always been higher than the requested $6.00 as covering some members that might be going through hard times, not as a multi year subscription.
I don’t recall anyone saying that it was anything otherwise.I agree.

And the plea for donations has always been limited to that year's fund drive. In 2005, I gave 4 times more too. The following 2 years funds were low and I was not able to contribute anything. This year a little better and I was able to contribute some again. But I never considered griping in the interim that my bigger donation should have updated my contributor tag to the newer year.
Sorry you feel this way, but I don't see that it is anything that Keith, or the others asking for donations, have done to mislead anyone. Jim.
Always my impression the donation was a one year thing, and I have always donated more than 6 bucks. Can see how it could be a problem now that some SMC forums are restricted to current year contributors. However, I agree with Jim that no one ever intentionally mislead anyone.

Larry

Stephen Edwards
02-18-2008, 8:00 PM
Personally, I think that $6.00 a year for contributor status, and the added benefits that come with being a contributor, is really a bargain for a forum like this. Think about it folks; where else on the net are you going to get the sort of information and dialogue that is available here at SMC?

I found SMC while doing a google search of reviews for a particular tool. The posts and info that I got from that one thread was worth the 6 bucks to me.

My first contribution was a little more than six dollars and I plan on giving more this year. I'm by no means a wealthy person.

I do like the idea that the other gentleman had about giving more to cover the cost of some folks who may not be able to afford the annual fee. However, I think that there would be lots of problems implementing a process to make this work fairly. There will always be people who want to take advantage of other people's good will.

If you can afford to buy a tape measure, surely you can afford to pay 6 bucks a year to fully participate in this forum!