PDA

View Full Version : router fence dust collection on table saw mounter router table

Michael Weber
01-09-2008, 10:29 PM
In the process of reorganizing my 13x20 foot work space and trying (like a former boss was fond of saying) to get 10 pounds of s...t in a 5 pound bag. To gain a little floor space I'm considering cutting my router table top down by 5 inches so I can mount it between the rails of my TS as the right extension. My router table fence has dust collection out the back of the fence using a 2 1/2 inch connector. Router itself in enclosed in a box with a 4 inch dust connector. Wondering how others handle DC on their TS integrated RT fence.
Hope this makes sense. Thanks

glenn bradley
01-09-2008, 10:46 PM
Some folks use a 4x4x2.5" Y at the 4" entry point with a 2 1/2" hose to the fence. My overarm blade guard uses a 3" that I just swing over to an adapter on mine. The lower is a fixed 4".

Chuck Lenz
01-09-2008, 10:51 PM
Woodpeckers sells a cabinet. http://www.woodpeck.com/downdraft.html

Mark Carlson
01-09-2008, 11:20 PM
Michael,

Thats what I did. Because of space constraints, I mounted my woodpecker router table as the RH extension to my table saw. The fence has dust collection which I attach to a Festool CT22 and under the table the router is inclosed in the woodpecker cabinet that chuck mentioned. That gets a 4in dc connection. Dust collection with this setup is excellent. This setup also works very well because its nice to have all that room to the left of the router. I can also use my b-meyer fence. I attached some pictures of my setup.

~mark

Wade Lippman
01-09-2008, 11:26 PM
I cut extra holes in the table insert to increase the air flow though the table top.
It works at least as well as my old free standing router table where I had a 2.5" hose to the fence coming off the back of the router enclosure (with a 4" hose on the router enclosure)
I have never heard of anyone else doing it this way, but I used it for two years without any problems.

Michael Weber
01-10-2008, 7:33 PM
I cut extra holes in the table insert to increase the air flow though the table top.
It works at least as well as my old free standing router table where I had a 2.5" hose to the fence coming off the back of the router enclosure (with a 4" hose on the router enclosure)
I have never heard of anyone else doing it this way, but I used it for two years without any problems.
Interesting. Ive never heard of that either. Unfortunately I have a Woodpecker lift plate so I won't be drilling a bunch of holes in it.
I do have a enclosure under the insert so thats' not the problem. I was wondering about collecting from the fence. Evidently some misunderstood my problem. Sorry if I wasn't clear. Obvious solution is to run the smaller hose from the Y around one side of the table but was looking for something a little more elegant.