PDA

View Full Version : Finally, a gloat

Jim Young
02-27-2004, 4:03 PM
For the past three years every time I walk into Woodcraft I have to look at that stupid Tormek. Never could drum up the courage to buy something that expensive that only sharpens things. I'm a smart guy, I can sharpen my tools without that fancy stuff, right? Well it appears that my laziness has taken over. With the 10% off deal and a pocket full of cash I couldn't resist any longer. Brought it home and set it in the basement. Don't know if anyone else goes through this but after a purchase like that a bit of depression sets in, don't know why. In a few weeks I will forget about the money and things will be back to normal.

Next time I'm only taking $20.

Steve Beadle
02-27-2004, 4:22 PM
The feeling is familiar, but I can't explain it either! Perhaps the 'having' is not as satisfying or exciting as the 'wanting'? Just use the thing, and I'm sure you'll get over it!

Steve

Tyler Howell
02-27-2004, 4:22 PM
For the past three years every time I walk into Woodcraft I have to look at that stupid Tormek. Never could drum up the courage to buy something that expensive that only sharpens things. I'm a smart guy, I can sharpen my tools without that fancy stuff, right? Well it appears that my laziness has taken over. With the 10% off deal and a pocket full of cash I couldn't resist any longer. Brought it home and set it in the basement. Don't know if anyone else goes through this but after a purchase like that a bit of depression sets in, don't know why. In a few weeks I will forget about the money and things will be back to normal.

Next time I'm only taking $20.
Jim,
It's just like the sugar blues. Coming down off that wonderful candy High :D(In this case new tool high.) :D :DYou'll get over the low in a day or two and the best is yet to come with those razor sharp edges.

Can I bring my chisals and irons over please??