PDA

View Full Version : Universal VL300 alignment problem

Harry Radaza
01-09-2008, 9:33 PM
I have a Universal VL300 which has performed really well for me in the past. I've had it for about 2 years now and work with a variety of materials but mostly wood and shells.

We noticed the following lately:

1) On high volume jobs, after machine shutdown and cleaning, upon startup again, printing the same file, the alignment when printing on the left side of the table would be off by around 1mm - 2mm, and this decreases as you go to the right side of the table.

2) On all jobs involving vectors, some objects would either be:
a) missing,
b) faded print
c) printed with dots

3) I've also seen something as simple as making a square pattern on paper and sections of the square would be missing. But keep in mind the square is one whole continuous vector object.

Please help. This problem has caused great losses to my productivity. Are these laser tube symptoms ? But if so, it still does not explain # 1.....

Mike Mackenzie
01-10-2008, 12:15 PM
Harry,

First thing is to be sure that the fan vents are clean on the sides of the machine are cooling vents for the air flow they have a thin foam filter media that is on the inside. Pull the back cover off and then look on the left and right side of the cover. Make sure that these are clean.

You can try and check the alignment I have attached a PDF file with the instructions.

UN fortunately this does have the symptoms of a bad firing laser tube however try these other possibilities first.

I tried to upload the instructions however the file is to large please send me your e-mail address in a PM and I will send it to you.