PDA

View Full Version : Freud Super Dado

Dan Bussiere
02-27-2004, 2:47 PM
Last night, I was walking through Sears and saw a Freud SD508 Super Dado complete set, never opened, with no price on it. I asked the cashier how much and when she said $43 (hopefully insert gloat here) I said I'll take it. I wasn't exactly sure of the normal price, but from what I've seen so far today on the web it is about $175-$199. Do any of you have this set? Is this still a good price or should I return it and wait for a better set? I have an old stacked set about 20 yrs old, still works ok.
Thanks for your help,
Dan

Bill Roland
02-27-2004, 3:04 PM
I have had that set for a few years and it works great. You found a deal at that price.

Joe Bourbois
02-27-2004, 3:22 PM
I have that dado set and use it all the time. It's great. You got quite a steal there.

Dan Bussiere
02-27-2004, 4:31 PM
Thanks! It always makes it better to hear someone else say they have it and like it. And the price was right.
Thanks Again,
Dan

Jim Becker
02-27-2004, 7:20 PM
Thief!

That's an incredible find and buy. It's not a little gloat...it's a BIG one! It's also an excellent dado set and only a few things that are considerably more expensive (at normal prices) "could" be better. Enjoy!

John Miliunas
02-27-2004, 10:51 PM
Yeah, what Jim said! Sheeesh Dan, how can you look at yourself in the mirror having taken poor, old Sears for a ride like that? (Don't know 'bout you, but I'd be looking at a smiling face!) :D Anyhow, I've had the 6" version of that set for a while now and it works great! Enjoy. :cool:

Fred Voorhees
02-28-2004, 8:46 PM
Dan, that is the set that I have been using for years and it has served me well each time it was mounted in the tablesaw! Great steal -er- purchase. Hope you can live with yourself. :p

Ted Shrader
02-28-2004, 9:20 PM
Dan -

YOU DONE GOOD!!!!

Congratulations. Is always great to find deals like that. You WILL enjoy that set. I have had one for several years now - sure works well.

Congrats on the find,
Ted

Dan Bussiere
03-01-2004, 11:25 AM
Isn't it great to have a place to go where folks encourage you and congratulate you on your finds and your work. No wonder this forum grows by leaps and bounds.
Dan

Ed Falis
03-01-2004, 1:17 PM
Dan,

You gotta' be kidding about returning it and waiting for a better price (sometime around when h*ll freezes ...?). A great find. Though I don't have that particular set, I've never heard a bad word about it.

- Ed