PDA

View Full Version : Cooperation From DeWalt/Delta

Joe Kuhn
01-09-2008, 12:05 PM
I thought I would pass this on to other forum members. I have a Delta radial arm saw. I thought the arbor nut was a little on the thin side. I went to my local hadware store to see if I could get a thicker one. I know that the arbor is 5/8 inches and has a left hand thread. I tried a couple of different left hand 5/8 inch nuts with fine and coarse threads but they wouldn't fit. So I contacted Delta to get the specs for the nut. First they said they did not distribute drawings of products in production. I wrote back saying they misunderstood. I didn't want a drawing, just the specs on the nut. Here is what they sent back. "No, we did not misunderstand. That information is proprietary". They also said they would be glad to sell me one. :mad: :mad::mad: This drives me up the wall. The specs on a nut are proprietary???

Anyone out there know what the specs are for the arbor nut on Delta RS830 10" Radial Arm Saw?

Thomas Williams
01-09-2008, 2:02 PM
From the specification page for this saw the arbor nut is 5/8 - 12 LH. I am not sure why you would need or want a thicker arbor nut though.