PDA

View Full Version : Tools Near Lansdale, PA

Robert Rozaieski
01-09-2008, 10:17 AM
Howdy folks. I work in Lansdale, PA and am wondering if anyone might point me to some good places for old tools in the area that I could check out during my lunch. At this point I'm mostly interested in wooden planes like molding planes, dados and such as I have an immediate need for these and I already have the regular assortment of chisels, saws, bench planes, etc. but of course all tools are acceptable. Thanks!

Rob Bodenschatz
01-09-2008, 10:51 AM
Sorry I can't help but if you find anyplace, let me know. I grew up in Lansdale & now live about 15 minutes away. There was a farmers market-type place in the old Specht Elementary School in Kulpsville but I have no idea if they are still there. Or if they have any old tools. Anyone remember the Montgomeryville Mart? I bet you'd find some there but they've been gone for years.

Of course, there's Zerns (http://www.zerns.com/) in Gilbertsville but that's a bit far for a lunch break trip.

There's also a guy that comes out to our MCWW meetings but I don't know his name. PM Tom Henry. He'll know it.

Harry Goodwin
01-09-2008, 9:24 PM
There's a farmers market in Quakertown on weekends that have some nice tools inside and outside. Harry

Tim Quigley
01-09-2008, 10:33 PM
If you go to Zerns, there's the main building and then there's a second one sort of behind the first. If you go in the main door there and straight down the hall all the way to the back, there's a pretty large tool display of all kinds of crazy stuff at the end. most is probably junk, but you never know. I haven't been in over two years as I moved away from the area, but I'm sure it's still there.

Tim

Robert Rozaieski
01-10-2008, 8:01 AM
Thanks! I have been to Zerns and to Quakertown on weekends when I lived in Pottstown, however, they are to far to go at lunch time. I'm looking for something a little closer to Lansdale but from what I know of the area I'm not sure there is much around there. I was just hoping someone who was from the area might know of a little secret place but then I guess if they told me it wouldn't be secret anymore would it ;)!