PDA

View Full Version : Corel Calendar

Brian Robison
01-08-2008, 3:36 PM
Hi fellow creekers,
is there a calendar hidden in Corel someplace?

Ed Maloney
01-08-2008, 4:39 PM
I can only help with X3, maybe it's in the same place as 12.

Tools->
Visual Basic->
Play->
Macros In (pull down menu on the bottom)->
CalendarWizard->Run

Whole bunch of stuff you can do. There's also a tutorial at:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ATNKX3apNf4

Brian Robison
01-08-2008, 4:49 PM
Thanks Ed, that was easy and I would have never found it!!

Steve McKee
01-08-2008, 8:51 PM
All I get when I try this is a run time error. Anyone have an idea what might cause it and how to correct it? Says "Run-time error 6", "Overflow"

Scott Shepherd
01-08-2008, 9:45 PM
Thanks Ed, that's SWEET! Never knew it was there.

Scott Shepherd
01-08-2008, 9:48 PM
Steve, make your page size 8 1/2" x 11". I did that and it worked fine, but went up to a larger page size and got the same error. Reading the help make me think it was a sizing issue, so I tried it and it resolved the error for me. Once it's created, you can ungroup it and make it any size you want.

Brian Robison
01-09-2008, 8:29 AM
Yep, that's what happened to me too. Resized the page and it went fine.

Steve McKee
01-09-2008, 9:29 AM
Ah, never would have thought about changing the page size. Thanks for the help, works okay now.

Steve

Brian Robison
01-10-2008, 10:53 AM
OK, next problem.
A couple years back I manually made a calendar that I could put a picture in behind the grid and dates. Lots of work. I'm working on this calendar (2008)and was just starting to put the pictures in and I can't get it to work.
Any ideas?

James Jaragosky
01-10-2008, 12:52 PM
OK, next problem.
A couple years back I manually made a calendar that I could put a picture in behind the grid and dates. Lots of work. I'm working on this calendar (2008)and was just starting to put the pictures in and I can't get it to work.
Any ideas?
A little more information will probably be needed to help answer your question.:)

Brian Robison
01-10-2008, 2:05 PM
I got it now, took some trying.
James what I was trying to say was, there is a calendar made up of a grid and dates. I wanted to fade out a picture and have that as a background. The calendar has a white background. When you try to make the background a no fill area it also got rid of the grid. Seems very strange. I broke it apart, changed the lines to .5 and clicked the behind fill box and click apply. I had to do this with 3 different boxes on the calendar for each month. Then I could move my picture into place and order to the back.

Mike Null
01-10-2008, 5:09 PM
Brian

Did you try the interactive transparency tool?

Don't know if that will work but seems like it should.