PDA

View Full Version : Custom Safe Cabinet Done w/pic

David Siniard
02-27-2004, 10:50 AM
I built this cabinet for a guy I work with for his small safe. It is made of 3/4 red oak ply and solid red oak all comments welcome. ( By the way I know the end grain shows on the front this is the way he wanted it. )

Chris Padilla
02-27-2004, 11:03 AM
Very interesting points with that end-grain showing...nearly looks like you put in some walnut for accent.

For the two large panels on the right, what is happening with the color difference in the lower quarter of each panel? I don't quite understand what I am seeing.

Mark Singer
02-27-2004, 11:05 AM
Nice safe....Nice work!!! Now put some nice $$$ inside!:p

David Siniard
02-27-2004, 11:06 AM
I assume that you are talking about the raised panel doors I belive that it shadow from the pic the room I took the pic in has no over head light only a lamp so the lighting was not up to par..Did this help you out?

Daniel Rabinovitz
02-27-2004, 11:25 AM
David
Very nice cabinet
I like the contrast of the end grain.
Daniel :cool:

Steve Beadle
02-27-2004, 2:46 PM
For the two large panels on the right, what is happening with the color difference in the lower quarter of each panel? I don't quite understand what I am seeing.Chris, I think what you're actually seeing are two open shelves. The "panel" is actually the back panel of the cabinet, and the lower dark part is the shelf itself.
Very nice cabinet. I loved raised panels. I would have turned the upper left raised panel 180 degrees, however, so that the cathedral grain was pointing upward. Picky, picky!

Steve

Chris Padilla
02-27-2004, 2:56 PM
LOL! Steve...you nailed it! Ha..ha...I feel like an idiot! ...I am humbled........