PDA

View Full Version : Smart Table wood question?

Alan Tolchinsky
01-08-2008, 11:05 AM
I'm gong to order a Smart Table kit. I think it uses 1x4 wood. Is this correct? I first thought it was 2x4 looking at the pics. Thanks.

Jim Becker
01-08-2008, 11:06 AM
I think someone stated in another thread that 1x3 was specified but they recommended 1x4...which makes sense to me.

Steve Clardy
01-08-2008, 11:37 AM
I used some scrap 1x4 pine

Alan Tolchinsky
01-08-2008, 12:07 PM
Thanks Steve and Jim. I got it.

Michael Stanley
01-08-2008, 3:02 PM
I'm gong to order a Smart Table kit. I think it uses 1x4 wood. Is this correct? I first thought it was 2x4 looking at the pics. Thanks.

I built mine on a torsion box using 1/2" plywood. I put a couple of fixed casters on one end and a handle on the other. Paired with folding legs makes it easy to move around and not too heavy.

Alan Tolchinsky
01-08-2008, 3:51 PM
Mike, That sounds like a great set up. Anything to save your back.

Michael McCoy
01-08-2008, 6:58 PM
I built mine on a torsion box using 1/2" plywood. I put a couple of fixed casters on one end and a handle on the other. Paired with folding legs makes it easy to move around and not too heavy.

Hey Michael - that sounds like a better setup than I'm doing. I have been putting mine on a lift and storing in the overhead but that's not working like I hoped. Do you have any pics or the type of legs you used?

Michael Stanley
01-08-2008, 10:25 PM
Hey Michael - that sounds like a better setup than I'm doing. I have been putting mine on a lift and storing in the overhead but that's not working like I hoped. Do you have any pics or the type of legs you used?

Michael, I used folding banquet table legs. I picked them up at Woodcraft but I've seen them at Lowes as well. I'll try to get pic posted. http://www.woodcraft.com/family.aspx?familyid=1693

Randy Klein
01-09-2008, 7:09 AM
This is my smart table (http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=58919) set up. It's not really compact, or transportable. But it's definitely mobile. I actually use them now for a whole lot more than the EZ system. They are now glue up, clamping, lumber storage, and finishing tables.