PDA

View Full Version : Jointech Smartlift Pro Problems

Brian Knodel
01-07-2008, 3:58 PM
My router plates insert rings are concaved by about 1/32. This is usually not a problem unless making small dovetails, the rabbet cuts will follow the flatness of the insert. I have been trying to obtain a new set of rings from Jointech since last April but so far I am not having any luck with the company so I’m wondering if any other brand of inserts will fit into the Jointech Smartlift Pro.

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

Brian

jason lambert
01-07-2008, 4:04 PM
Yes there is I forget the brand though maybe someone will post it. It is the only issue witht he jointec that I know if.

Brian Knodel
01-07-2008, 9:49 PM
Think hard Jason, looks like you’re my only hope.:):):)

Brian

richard poitras
01-07-2008, 9:56 PM
I can’t remember the company’s name but I think it was the same company that made their original lifts that the inserts work in now also … sorry that’s the best I can do …

Steven J Corpstein
01-07-2008, 10:28 PM
I have a Jointech SmartLift Digital and use the Jessem inserts. They fit perfect and are of much better quality.

Brian Knodel
01-07-2008, 10:35 PM
I have a Jointech SmartLift Digital and use the Jessem inserts. They fit perfect and are of much better quality.

Thank you very much, they will be on order tomorrow.

Brian

glenn bradley
01-07-2008, 10:38 PM
Ya gotta love this forum ;-)

Brian Knodel
01-07-2008, 11:12 PM
Ya gotta love this forum ;-)

No kiddin … that was worth the price of admission.:):):)

Brian

James Hart
01-08-2008, 12:27 AM
Glad you got the word on Jessum. FYI on Jointech. I have some of their stuff and always found them to be a really good , responsive company. Several times I called there after hours and Phil, the owner, would answer the phone and was really interested in how he could improve things. More than once he sent me something no charge just to get feedback.

I hear he passed away in September after an illness. The company was taken over by another manufacturer. Just wanted to make the point that I don't think you would have struggled to get a response from them had Phil been at the helm.

Jim

Alan Trout
01-08-2008, 9:33 AM
It was taken over by the Phil's Son-In-Law Ernest. Ernest is a great guy and for the life of me I have no reason why you would have trouble other than they had to move their entire manufacturing facility about 10 miles from there old location because Phil's widow sold the property that they were in. That did cause them to get pretty far behind from what I understand however last I talked with Ernest they were getting caught back up. I think Ernest is going to do great things with Jointech He is a hard worker and has plenty of experience.

As far as the inserts go on mine they were a little above the surface and what I did with mine was lap them over sanding paper on a flat surface to bring them flat and they work perfect. And it is correct the Jessem inserts will work. I really enjoy my lift. I have used the dog out of it and untill you have a Digital Read Out on a lift you don't know what you were missing.

Good Luck

Alan