PDA

View Full Version : My spinney thing

Bill Bolen
01-07-2008, 3:41 PM
So here is my spinney thing! (jet 1442) Got it used (about 8 months worth) from a very, very talented wood turner who upgraded (dare I say it) to the Mustard Monster. I hope this will be my last lathe! Yes, I know, famous last words. The homemade cabinet is full of shallow drawers to hold all my lathe related stuff. Chisels, chuck, tool rest, sandpaper, and whatever else will fit in. Attached under the cabinet is an open shelf holding 5, 75-pound bags of sand. Even with all that I still had it shaking with a big “ole wet elm blank! And just to show how addicted I’ve become the Grizzly go555 was just purchased. It will cut those blanks that my Shopsmith bandsaw couldn’t handle. (SS has a 6” max. depth). To pay for the BS I started listing like crazy on ebay. Everything from my shop that had not been used in 18 months went! Made enough to pay cash! Boy, was the wife relieved with that.

Ben Gastfriend
01-07-2008, 3:53 PM
Congrats on the new toys! My grandfather has that BS and loves it, and I'm sure you'll be able to go a year or two on the Jet lathe before you have to upgrade.

Dennis Peacock
01-07-2008, 4:02 PM
Congrats on the new (used) lathe!!!! Very nice setup you have there and the only thing I see wrong?????

You need some lathe curlies all over that lathe. ;) :D

Jim Becker
01-07-2008, 4:04 PM
Nice storage setup under that lathe! Congrats on the new stuff!

Steve Schlumpf
01-07-2008, 4:30 PM
Congrats on your new lathe and bandsaw William! Looking forward to seeing some of your turnings!

Tom Sherman
01-07-2008, 4:33 PM
Great gloat there William, I have the same lathe and I'm sure you will enjoy it.

Bernie Weishapl
01-07-2008, 6:04 PM
Great gloat. Congrats on the lathe and bandsaw.

Dale Gregory
01-07-2008, 6:20 PM
Love Mayo Lite! Nice setup on the drawers underneath. I like the ideal of extra weight for the lathe and drawers for storage. Nice Gloat!
Dale