PDA

View Full Version : 6 Inch Scale for Lasering

Scott Shepherd
01-07-2008, 10:52 AM
Here's a file I created for a 6" scale made from acrylic or wood. It's setup to raster, vector mark, then vector cut. If it's acrylic, it looks really good to reverse it and run it on the back (cast, not extruded).

Do with it what you like. Hopefully it's helpful to someone.

Saved in Version 12. If anyone needs it any other way, let me know and I'll post it.

Chad Voller
01-07-2008, 11:41 AM
What kind of scale is it? I wish I could view the Corel file in Illustrator or Photoshop, but they don't seem to be updating the already "supported files" at Adobe. I used to be able to open older .CDR files.

Not sure what exactly your file is consisting of, but if you were so kind as to be able to upload an .EPS?

Anyone ever find a free .CDR converter? I know I could download the trail version of Corel, but that only works for the granted trial period...

Scott Shepherd
01-07-2008, 11:52 AM
EPS file (had to zip it to get it to upload):

Steve Eide
01-07-2008, 12:47 PM
Excellent, thank you for the file. I will give it a go today.

Chad Voller
01-07-2008, 7:45 PM
Thank you.

Bob Cole
01-07-2008, 10:59 PM
Steve,

That is very helpful. Thanks

Bert Kemp
03-06-2016, 2:42 PM
Yes I know its 8 years old but did a search for this and this came up but wheres the file. I notice when ever I search for any file the thread comes up but no files attached:confused:

Kevin Groenke
03-06-2016, 3:14 PM
I engraved a bunch of PET rulers eons ago, but can't find the file at the moment. They were reverse engraved and back-filled with enamel.

If I find the file I'll share, in the meantime:

Here is a customizable ruler generator. Works for me with ai. Pretty cool.
http://robbbb.github.io/VectorRuler/

These are close but outlines+fills rather than single vectors for the incremental marks, so it will take some tweaking.
http://www.fuzzimo.com/free-vector-ruler-triangle-protractor/

Some more:
https://www.epiloglaser.com/resources/sample-club/ruler-engraving.htm
http://www.instructables.com/id/Laser-cut-12-in-ruler-made-at-Hexlab-Makerspace/

Mike Chance in Iowa
03-06-2016, 3:51 PM
I found the file I downloaded that day it was posted. I never used it, but now see I could have. I made up one of my own last month!

Here it is.

Bert Kemp
03-06-2016, 4:58 PM
OK my reason for the post (I did want the file) is basically to show when I search for a cdr file here the threads come up but the files are gone.

Mike When I clicked your attachment I got an error message said invalid attachment contact the admin/

Kevin thanks for the links.

Mike Null
03-06-2016, 5:30 PM
Bert

I'm using X5 and it opened just fine.

Scott Shepherd
03-06-2016, 5:35 PM
Bert, report this in the Tech Support area. When the server was upgraded last week, there were issues with attachments. I think there's a thread about it already there. It's possible the admin (Aaron) doesn't know that it's still an issue.

Bert Kemp
03-06-2016, 7:15 PM
Done Thanks Scott

Bert, report this in the Tech Support area. When the server was upgraded last week, there were issues with attachments. I think there's a thread about it already there. It's possible the admin (Aaron) doesn't know that it's still an issue.

Keith Outten
03-06-2016, 7:45 PM
Aaron has fixed this problem more then once but it keeps changing back to the prior state. It only involves one block of file attachments from a particular period of time. The files are physically still on the server drive, its the software that is causing the problem.

Now that he is back from vacation I hope that Aaron will have time to resolve this issue permanently.

Aaron Koehl
03-07-2016, 1:37 PM
I am not seeing an issue with the file attached to the post above.

John Noell
03-07-2016, 4:10 PM
I am not seeing an issue with the file attached to the post above.

All I get is..Invalid Attachment specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator (http://www.sawmillcreek.org/sendmessage.php)

Mike Chance in Iowa
03-07-2016, 5:14 PM
It lets me download it too, but that may be because I uploaded it. But, when I went into my Settings then Attachments, it shows that file is not linked to this post. Let's try it again.

Edit: This time it shows a link to this thread in my Settings, Attachments

Aaron Koehl
03-07-2016, 7:13 PM
John,

Digging a little deeper, I am able to narrow down the problem to a new issue (unrelated to the previous missing files issue). I will let you know when it is resolved.

Bert Kemp
03-08-2016, 12:38 PM
Mike this is a different link then the one in your post # 9 and I could download and open this file thanks. But still having trouble searching and finding files.

It lets me download it too, but that may be because I uploaded it. But, when I went into my Settings then Attachments, it shows that file is not linked to this post. Let's try it again.

Edit: This time it shows a link to this thread in my Settings, Attachments