PDA

View Full Version : Columbus Oh. Woodworking Show

Bob Oehler
01-07-2008, 9:31 AM
Anyone going to the Columbus Ohio Woodworking show on Saturday???

Just checking to see how many creekers are going.

Take care
Bob Oehler

Ralph Okonieski
01-07-2008, 1:01 PM
I plan to be there on Saturday. Driving down from Stow.

Gary Breckenridge
01-08-2008, 1:21 AM
We are going to discuss the show at our Woodworkers Guild meeting on Wednesday and we may car pool down.:)

Rick Gifford
01-08-2008, 12:49 PM
I am planning on being there Friday for a few hours.

Hope it isnt a waste of time. Its two hours each way for me.

Sam Yerardi
01-08-2008, 1:01 PM
I'm planning on going Sunday. All the specials will probably be gone. I may try Friday if I can get off work (feel myself getting a bit under the weather)

Bob Oehler
01-09-2008, 11:03 AM
Yes I am in the same boat Rick. I too will be driving 2 hrs each way. I usually buy a plane from Lee Valley. It's like my late Christmas present to my self. I'll be wondering around with my Dad & Co. hat on. I will have my 2 younger boys with me. Say Hi if you see me. :)
Bob Oehler

Steveo O'Banion
01-09-2008, 6:14 PM
I wasn't even aware one was up. Where can I find details?

mike v flaim
01-09-2008, 6:34 PM
me and my bud are heading up Sunday moring from Cincy. Hopefully it's better than last year.

mike v flaim
01-09-2008, 6:37 PM
Steve, it's in the Ohio State Fair grounds right off I-71 at the Voinovich Center. www.thewoodworkingshows.com (http://www.thewoodworkingshows.com) for more info.

Gary Breckenridge
01-10-2008, 1:10 PM
;)We talked about it at wood club last night and we aren't going. One of the guys and I decided to drive down to Keim Lumber instead and maybe stop at an Amish sawmill on the way back home.;)

Steve Wargo
01-10-2008, 2:05 PM
I'm in Oklahoma City now, but even if in town I'd pass. I've driven down from Cleveland a couple times and have always been very disappointed. Even if I lived 20 minutes away I'd pass. But that's just my $.02

Andrew Nemeth
01-10-2008, 6:55 PM
FYI, anyone who is in Columbus for the woodworking show at the fairgrounds, there will also be a "Winter Expo" at the WoodWerks Supply on the east side of town. Might be worthwhile to stop by, looks like a lot of good deals and demonstrations. I am not affiliated with their store but I have been a customer of theirs for a long time and they are one of the nicest business establishments I have ever dealt with.

www.woodwerks.com

I think Woodcraft is also going to have specials through out the weekend at their store in Hillard to coincide with the show at the fairgrounds.

Rick Gifford
01-11-2008, 8:54 AM
Yes I am in the same boat Rick. I too will be driving 2 hrs each way. I usually buy a plane from Lee Valley. It's like my late Christmas present to my self. I'll be wondering around with my Dad & Co. hat on. I will have my 2 younger boys with me. Say Hi if you see me. :)
Bob Oehler

Hey Bob I'll keep an eye out for you.

Rick

Rick Gifford
01-12-2008, 1:07 AM
Made it up and back on Friday.

Picked up a Lee Valley turners smock $57 and shipped free. I found one that fit so that was good. Also a couple Cord Pro's... which are just extension cord keepers.

I could have used one of those Little Giant scaffold planks but outside the free shipping offered the price wasnt reduced enough to sway me.

Quite a few displays. The CarveWright is interesting to watch in action. NOT in my budget, but still.... pretty fancy schmancy item.

Epilog was there. I know nothing of the lasers. Daggon impressive they are. Even my wife was oohing over that one. I asked if I could get one. She seemed somewhat interested. Then told her the price. I didn't get one. Knew I should have left her at home. :rolleyes:

FYI, the parking price is $5. Not $4 as advertised on the website. Seems after a year they could get their adverts corrected.

The place was pretty much packed. I can imagine Saturday will be swamped.

You can find a few deals if you look. Not sure its worth a two hour drive, but I wasn't doing anything today anyway.