PDA

View Full Version : Help with a little project

Anthony Scira
01-07-2008, 1:27 AM
Well my last thread got me to go out and buy Photograv. Its a pretty cool program. But it does not come close to being a scan, process and engrave. I still have a lot to learn.

Well my project is this. My daughter was playing with one of those large cutout puzzles. You know with 5 diffrent animals and you put them in the scene. Simple 2 year old stuff.

Well I would like to do something like that with family members.

And here is the problem. How do I go about outlining a hairline around an object that has been processed in Photograv. I know your not supposed to touch the image after it has been processed.

I am sure there is a simple solution. I just can't think of one !

Thanks all !

Bob Cole
01-07-2008, 2:36 AM
This isn't a problem. There are several ways to do this, here is one way.

1. Process the image in Photograv.
2. Bring into Corel.
3. Use the original image that you used to send to photograv to trace - there are quite a few ways to do this.
4. Copy the vector lines into the corel file and overlay on your photograv processed image.
5. Print the job using raster first, then vector.

I haven't had any issues doing this. Others may have a better way.

As long as you don't resize the photograv image, you can move it around and do other functions in Corel.

Darren Null
01-07-2008, 6:34 AM
The way I do it is:
1) Bring the original image into corel
2) Trace the image, making sure the 'delete background' button is checked (because you're probably using a bitmap which appears to corel as a square object).
3) Create outline from object
4) Check that your outline doesn't chop anything you don't want chopped off.
5) Import your photograv image, place your outline around it. Change colour of the outline and give that colour whatever settings you need for cutting your material
6) Burn.

You can, as a refinement, add 2% or so to your outline to give yourself some wiggle room and to ensure you're not charring your design.