PDA

View Full Version : Lucky find this evening(pics)..

Donnie Raines
02-26-2004, 10:00 PM
I am always hunting for figured lumber....here are a few I stumbled upon tonight..

Jim Becker
02-26-2004, 10:06 PM
I almost think I need to move to Ohio, Donnie...that's awesome stuff! You are really building an incredible inventory of figured lumber...I'm envious!

Jeff Skory
02-26-2004, 10:16 PM
Very pretty looking stuff. I'm jealous! So what do you pay for that stuff down in Ohio?

Tom Sweeney
02-26-2004, 11:32 PM
I hope you didn't pay too much for that defective wood!
I tell you what- I need to build some shop cabinets & I wouldn't mind if the wood has a bunch of lumps & bumps in it - so I'll do you a favor & take that stuff off your hands :rolleyes:

Seriously - that is some sweet lookin lumber ya got there - nice haul! :cool:

Chris Padilla
02-27-2004, 12:16 AM
Man, that stuff will tear out somethin' fierce!! :) I'll be happy to relieve you of that wild wood--you don't need the trouble, my friend! ;)

Todd Burch
02-27-2004, 3:56 AM
OK, I got dibs on the quilted walnut. Send it on down Donnie!

Donnie Raines
02-27-2004, 8:41 AM
I have a few really good connections here in my neck of the woods. One friend owns a comapny that clear's lots out for both residential and commercial construction sites.....he takes the logs to his place, cuts them and dries them. I buy all the good stuff.

This particular batch came from the same lot, located right here in Cincinnati(..which floored me!). I have aprx 60 foot of the walnut, and only some 30 foot of the maple. As to the cost .....well....lest just say it was more then 3 dollars and less then 6 dollars a board foot..... :D

DonnieR

ps.....and you should see the curly maple I bought, too.....(sorry for the extra stealth gloat.. :p )

DonnieR

Jeff Skory
02-27-2004, 11:24 PM
Lucky dog! :D