PDA

View Full Version : Porter Cable 343K 5-inch Sander or Something Better?

Alan Tolchinsky
01-06-2008, 7:35 PM
Anybody have this sander and can comment on whether it's worth buying if you have the old 333 model? It would be worth it to me if the vibration was substantially less and the dust collection better. The latter should be true since it uses 8 hole instead of the old 5 holes. So anybody done this trade in and think it's worth it?

Dennis Hatchett
01-06-2008, 7:51 PM
There should be a lot of creekers out there with that 343k since amazon was bundling them all last month with the PC 1 3/4 horse routers for 89 bucks. I got two and have used them constantly all month. Dust collection is fine when hooked up to the shop vac and the price was right. Vibration is much better than either my Dewalt and as good as my trusty old makita.

I'm gonna give away my Festool sander because the 343k is so much better. ;) ...
Hold your fire all you rich festool junkies. I'm just kiddin.

scott spencer
01-06-2008, 8:35 PM
Mine's new to me and it replaced a Ryobi RS200. The PC is more powerful, easier to control, vibrates less, is quieter, and has much better DC. Check Ebay or the member classifieds for deals...

Gary Muto
01-06-2008, 9:29 PM
I have a 333 and just got the 343. I thas more power and wight, so it does vibrate less. It also has better dust collection. I like it, but I also like my 333. I also have not tried the other well acclaimed sanders, Bosch, Makita, etc...