PDA

View Full Version : air freshener save the date

Ryan Sprole
01-06-2008, 7:29 PM
Made a quick "save the date" for my sister. Guess where I got the inspiration? Going to add an elastic string loop and of course "laser" cut some magnet for the back. Put it on the fridge or rock it on the rear view I'm sure her guests won't forget. Oh and the fresh lasered wood smell to boot. Enjoy. pm me if you want the file.

Ryan :)

Frank Corker
01-06-2008, 8:25 PM
Now Ryan you know someone is going to bring up the copyright issue again don't you? But really nice job, looks great!

Thad Nickoley
01-06-2008, 9:16 PM
how exactly do you do that? do you scan and trace or do you draw it?

Ryan Sprole
01-06-2008, 9:51 PM
Thad,

Just started with the idea and went to yahoo and looked up tree freshener images. Got a couple of photos and happened to get a plain one with a white back ground. Brought it into photo paint and made the color mode B&W. Than traced it with corel trace to get the tree shape vector. Imported the cut line into Corel draw and than just added the elements rectangles and text. than poof! its done.

Ryan :)

Nate Barnes
01-07-2008, 11:06 AM
It was funny to see Kingsly Pines on the forum. I have done some engraving for them and have two friends that work there. It is a fantastic place to have a wedding.

Lisa Walter
01-07-2008, 8:41 PM
It was funny to see Kingsly Pines on the forum. I have done some engraving for them and have two friends that work there. It is a fantastic place to have a wedding.

You thought it was funny to see Kingley Pines........I thought it was funny to see Ryan Sprole from Epilog (didn't know you were a member Ryan). I bought my laser from the saleman who works with Ryan (Bill) and I haven't heard from him since. He must be really busy selling lasers huh? Luckily I haven't had any trouble with it.

Ryan Sprole
01-08-2008, 10:04 AM
I bought my laser from the saleman who works with Ryan (Bill)

Lisa its good to see that your a member. Bill is great! I'll have him touch base w/you. See ya in the creek.

Kingsley Pines

Thats funny Nate. Since you know the date and location why not crash the wedding. Open Bar. See you in September.

Ryan

Chad Voller
01-08-2008, 10:35 AM
This is a cool concept. What type of wood did you use? I could picture it done in cedar just for the fact that it looks like it smells good. I'm sure not everyone wants a cedar smellin' car, but I wouldn't mind it.

Lee DeRaud
01-08-2008, 11:03 AM
I could picture it done in cedar just for the fact that it looks like it smells good. I'm sure not everyone wants a cedar smellin' car, but I wouldn't mind it.Sounds good, but every time I've cut cedar, it flames like crazy...don't know if air-assist would help or not.

Chad Voller
01-08-2008, 11:23 AM
Hmm, yes, fire wouldn't be good. The blown air might just induce the combustion? Is this where people use CO2 to kill the flames?

Ryan Sprole
01-08-2008, 8:19 PM
Sounds good, but every time I've cut cedar, it flames like crazy...don't know if air-assist would help or not.

Cedar sounds like a great idea! I used red alder (14.5 x 4.5) purchased from... plug---->

Colorado Heirloom

In some cases I've had cliants use nitrogen to reduce burn. If you have air assist then yea it's a good idea. If you don't have air, you can reduce the burn by raster engraving first. Then put some wet tissue paper on you pice before you do your vector cut.