PDA

View Full Version : In your infinite wisdom...I need your advice

Russell Tribby
01-06-2008, 6:14 PM
I'm looking to take advantage of the wealth of knowledge on this subject that I seem to be lacking. I'm not quite sure what to do in regards to updating my finishing process. I currently have a 22 gallon cambell hausfeld compressor that I really only use for the brad nailer and my cheap HF HVLP gun. I got the compressor on clearance at HD for $100 a few years ago. While it has served it's purpose it is incredibly loud and takes up space that I can't afford to give up in my little shop. I am thinking of selling it, buying a smaller compressor and getting a Fugi Q3. There's one on the local CL for $400. What do you think? My spraying has been mostly limited to lacquer but I'd like to get into spraying some stains and wb finishes as well.

Bruce Page
01-06-2008, 6:46 PM
Not much info to go on Russell.
I would not recommend any of the oiless compressors because of the noise factor. For $400 you should be able to find a decent 20/30 gallon, single stage, that will shoot lacquer just fine.

Russell Tribby
01-06-2008, 6:59 PM
I guess I wasn't specific enough. I have a compressor already that I think is under used. The only reason I bought it was because it was on clearance at HD. It is a 22 gallon and 90% of the time it is used for my brad nailer. I'm thinking of getting rid of it and replacing it with something much smaller, like a pancake, and then getting a turbine system like the Q3. My other option is to invest in a good HVLP gun or pressure pot system. I'm on the fence and would welcome and advice suggestions.