PDA

View Full Version : Installing the rails on my Grizzly TS?

Wade Lippman
01-06-2008, 5:02 PM
I can't actually do anything until Grizzly gets back to me about my defective wings; but am playing with the stuff anyhow.

I was very surprised to find the fence rails attach only to the table and not to the wings. Is there a reason for that? It seems to me that it would be sturdier if the rails also attached to the wings, and am thinking of drilling holes to do that. The thought of how long it would take to drill through that heavy steel is kinda stopping me though. I am not even sure I could drill through it.

But why isn't it designed to bolt to the wings?:confused:

Mike Marcade
01-06-2008, 5:14 PM
Lots of the fence systems just bolt to the saw itself, mostly because they are designed to fit many different saws.

If you want to drill the wings, it shouldn't be that tough. Cast Iron drills pretty easy. You could drill the rails on a drill press if needed. You might use some cutting oil on the steel rails if needed.

Mark Engel
01-06-2008, 6:27 PM
With the outboard legs attached to the ends of the rails, they are stiff enough throughout the entire travel.

That being said, when I was using the ShopFox fence/rails on my 1023Z I went ahead and drilled through the rails and bolted them to the side table.

Bob DiGiacomo
01-09-2008, 4:31 PM
I just got the Grizzly 1023slx and was wondering the same thing about the rails. Also all the holes on the extension table did not line up with the rails. I had to re-drill them and on the end of the extension table there is no formica. I noticed that there is formica on the picture in the catalog. Do yours have formica and did the extension table holes line up? Bob