PDA

View Full Version : What the Heck!

Fred Voorhees
02-26-2004, 5:29 PM
Can someone try to explain to me why I cannot seem to be able to twist the joints on the new long radius elbows that I just had delivered for my dust collection system? I need to make a number of 45 degree bends out of the elbows (that were delivered in the 90 orientation) and every elbow seems to have at least two or three joints that refuse to cooperate. Tried various oils to try to loosen up the joint, to no avail. If I didn't pay six or seven hundred dollars for this entire collection of fittings and the like, they would have already been out in the driveway ready to be run over. :mad: Anybody have any suggestions? :confused:

Fred Voorhees
02-26-2004, 7:27 PM
Well, problem at hand and a solution found. Of course, my wife is now out one pair of dishwashing gloves. The grip that the rubber gloves provided gave plenty of extra "hand-torque" to twist the joints on the fittings. Life is good again :D :D :D :D :D

Chris Padilla
02-26-2004, 8:17 PM
I don't know about all those :D :D :D s you put in. You still have kind of a scowl on your face! ;)

Jim Becker
02-26-2004, 10:12 PM
I don't know about all those :D :D :D s you put in. You still have kind of a scowl on your face! ;)

He really can smile...besides, he didn't indicate what he had to "pay" SWMBO for those gloves... :o

Tyler Howell
02-26-2004, 11:13 PM
He really can smile...besides, he didn't indicate what he had to "pay" SWMBO for those gloves... :o

Much Better. Guy with a great shop's got to have a great Avatar ;).

Jason Tuinstra
02-26-2004, 11:15 PM
Much Better. Guy with a great shop's got to have a great Avatar ;).

Tyler, your shop must rock!!! :D