PDA

View Full Version : Bessey UniKlamp

Greg Pavlov
01-06-2008, 10:50 AM
In a recent thread about clamps, several people said that the Bessey UniKlamp is not a "true" parallel clamp. Why is that so? I'm interested because there are times when the K-Bodies and the Jets I have are too bulky for what I am doing, but the smaller clamps I have are difficult to get much pressure from, or have very small clamping surfaces, causing dents and marring.

Thanks!

Michael Gibbons
01-06-2008, 12:46 PM
Greg, I have a few Uni-clamps and use them all the time. They are just scaled down K-body clamps I only have a couple K's and they are about 48" long which is too big and heavy if your doing a small project. I'd buy a couple of each if I were you. If I come over and tighten the clamp on your hand, we'll see if there's enough pressure!!

JayStPeter
01-06-2008, 5:12 PM
The uniklamps are smaller but work pretty well if you don't need to pull a joint together. The small diameter handle and light weight make it difficult to apply serious pressure. But, I do use them frequently for smaller assemblies where the mass of the full size clamps can be a hinderance.

Greg Pavlov
01-06-2008, 5:57 PM
I think that I'll get some....