PDA

View Full Version : OK... not laser related...

Mike Hood
01-06-2008, 1:15 AM
OK... So I've got a dog... a Newfoundland. He's 130lbs or so and my best buddy, but I've gotta tell ya they can do the weirdest of things (and I never claim he's the brightest dog on the block). Just a huge galoof.

We keep a big padded bed near the couch here in the living room for him to sleep on while he watches TV with us in the evenings. Ever since we brought this bed home, he's done the weirdest little "doggie dance" before he'll lay down.

Sometimes it'll go on for 5 minutes or more. I finally caught him on a quick video.

Just thought it was funny to see:

Bo's Bedtime Dance (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HnopTHGNcRY)

Ricky Gore
01-06-2008, 1:20 AM
That's cute. Reminds me of a kitty making biscuits before he lays down.

Frank Corker
01-06-2008, 7:03 AM
Mike if this dance involves the dog turning around in constant circles, you might consider taking him to the vet to see if his anal glands are blocked, it can be quite irritating for them. I know it irritates me :D

Nancy Laird
01-06-2008, 10:07 AM
He's just making sure that his pillow is "just right" before he lays his weary body down on it. After all, do YOU like lumps in your bed???? It does sort of remind me of cats kneading.

Nancy

Anthony Scira
01-06-2008, 10:31 AM
My dog trainer told me its a K9 instinct. In the wild dogs circle and trample their bedding to clear them of snakes.

Mike Hood
01-06-2008, 11:53 AM
Mike if this dance involves the dog turning around in constant circles, you might consider taking him to the vet to see if his anal glands are blocked, it can be quite irritating for them. I know it irritates me :D

I know the story "behind" those... but know, he's fine.

He's just a weird dog. :) We have cats and I suspect he's been watching them :D

Been trying to catch him with a camera nearby... and thought it was funny enough to share. Most everyone has a weird pet sooner or later.

Imagine a 130# teddy bear with hair that's 8 inches long waking you up with kisses in bed each morning...

Bruce Page
01-06-2008, 12:13 PM
I feel better now. Our chocolate lab does the same thing with her bed… well, except the head banging part. ;)

Jim Davenport
01-06-2008, 12:52 PM
Sometimes my English Mastiff Judge (AKA Dogzilla) will do the same thing. I thing it's some kind instinct thing to get comfortable.