PDA

View Full Version : Accura Power Tools

John Sloan
01-06-2008, 1:06 AM
I'm just setting up a woodshop (retiring soon), anc researching various brands of tools. To start, I'd like to get a 10" cabinet saw, a 16-19" bandsaw and a 12" planer/jointer (combo?) I've looked at Grizzly, Rikon, Steel City, Ridgid, and Minimax. All seem to have good points and a few weaknesses, but all would seem to be acceptable for a "semi-serious" hobbyist. There have been MANY excellent posts on the Creek from which I have benefited. I recently came across the Accura brand but have not seen that brand mentioned. Accura appears to be positioned against Grizzly etc. but at a little lower price for same features. Do any of you have any knowledge or experience with the Accura tools? Also, any free advice on the other brands for a starting-out woodworker will be appreciated.
Thanks much,
John

Jim O'Dell
01-06-2008, 10:15 AM
My quick web search shows a bunch of parts. I did see some power feeders. Can you supply us a link where we can see some of the other equipment? For what I found, it seems to be a company by the name of Accura that is rebadging parts for sell on Amazon. I've never heard of them before. Jim.

Jim Becker
01-06-2008, 10:16 AM
I can't say I've every heard of that brand of tools...

Chris Zenda
01-06-2008, 10:38 AM
They make a darn nice car though... ;)

Jim Holman
01-06-2008, 12:36 PM
http://www.accuramachinetools.com/woodworking.html

They are sold out of the industrial areas supporting the furniture industry in NC for one. See the