PDA

View Full Version : Fixing an excalibur mitre fence?

keith micinski
01-05-2008, 5:54 PM
The factory adjustments don't seem to open up enough to make the gauge tighten up in the slot properly. I was just looking at the delta mitre gauge that came with my saw and it has 5 little allen screws that you can tighten or loosen in the side of the bar. This seems like it would be a pretty good system to use and was wondering if anyone saw any problems with using this system or maybe had another idea that might be a better way to fix this issue?

Bill Huber
01-06-2008, 11:37 AM
The factory adjustments don't seem to open up enough to make the gauge tighten up in the slot properly. I was just looking at the delta mitre gauge that came with my saw and it has 5 little allen screws that you can tighten or loosen in the side of the bar. This seems like it would be a pretty good system to use and was wondering if anyone saw any problems with using this system or maybe had another idea that might be a better way to fix this issue?

Could you not put some tape on each side of the bar.

I do think that I would just call them or email them and see what they have to say.

http://www.osbornemfg.com/contact.htm

keith micinski
01-06-2008, 6:11 PM
Well I am not sure if there is enough room for tape plus I kind of want to get away from patchwork tools and start working with quality stuff. I would rather spend the money and come up with a permanent solution. Plus my friend owns a machine shop so it probably wouldn't cost me very much to fix this.