PDA

View Full Version : Attaching Router Table Top

Shane Sura
01-05-2008, 4:41 PM
Hi All,
I am getting ready to attach my table top to the router cabinet I am finishing. The table top is from Hartville Tool and is made of MDF with High Pressure Laminate on each side. My question is how would you attach it? I made the cabinet out of 3/4" Oak Plywood and there is a solid back along with the two side and two inside risers that will make up the center cabinet for the router. I thought about using my pocket hole jig and connecting that way but was not sure. Also figure I need some type of glue but unclear what would attach with the laminate. Any advise?

Shane

Mike McCann
01-05-2008, 4:44 PM
I checked out norm abrams plans and he puts blocks in the underside corners of the table and lets gravity do the work. this way if you need to change the top down the road it is nice an easy.

Chuck Lenz
01-05-2008, 4:52 PM
You could try that stuff on TV called MIGHTY PUTTY. :D

George Bowen
01-05-2008, 5:04 PM
You could try that stuff on TV called MIGHTY PUTTY. :D

If it can tow a semi it can attach a router top.....

I am just doing a sub top flush with the cabinet then screwing threw that into the finished top I made.

Peter Froh
01-05-2008, 5:26 PM
I had used velcro on one of my table tops and it worked surprisingly well. Use long strips of velcro and staple them to the base and glue/staple them to your top. Worked for me.

Bill Huber
01-05-2008, 5:48 PM
I have a Jessem and they just use a L bracket and it work just fine.

When I made my cabinet I mad sure that all the uprights were flat and straight across so that there was nothing to could cause the table to bow.
The 4 L brackets are just there to keep it from sliding off the cabinet.