PDA

View Full Version : We have Drill Press

Lori Kleinberg
01-05-2008, 3:10 PM
For those that read my other thread about the Steel City Drill Press I had ordered, http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=67858 :mad:
It finally arrive at my house late yesterday afternoon.

I had alot of communication issues with Tool King,:( but with the help of Jude at Toologics and Maria at Tool King the problems were resolve and I got what I ordered :cool:for the price I paid ($478 delivered):D
It will probably take a week :rolleyes:to organize the help to get this thing put together. I will try to post pictures of the process .

Sue Wise
01-05-2008, 4:14 PM
Congratulations, Lori.

Since Toolking is local the only experience I have had is on the showroom floor. Prices are very good but most of the sales people are clueless about the products. A few of them are helpful. However, when they bring one of the service technicians out to show you a product, then they are great. I have never had to return anything so I am not sure about how good their customer service is.

Bruce Page
01-05-2008, 4:25 PM
Congrats Lori. Glad things worked out.

Norman Pyles
01-05-2008, 4:25 PM
Glad you got your drill press. As for needing help to put it together, 2 folks can do it, and it goes rather quickly. Enjoy it.:cool:

Robert E Johnson III
01-05-2008, 4:29 PM
Congradulations Sue on your new drill press and I know you are anxious to st it up after the long wait.

Robert E Johnson III
01-05-2008, 4:31 PM
Sorry about the name mix up Lori and again congradulatios.

Roy Hatch
01-05-2008, 5:00 PM
Lori, Yesterday I had a the opportunity to see the Steel City drill press at Asheville Hardware, in NC. I compared it with my Delta (at nearly the same price) and the Delta came up short. I was particularly impressed with the fit and finish. Given the choice I would go for the SC. You should be happy with your choice.

I also noted from your pictures, the packaging looked like it had been handled with kid gloves.

Roy

Lori Kleinberg
01-05-2008, 8:04 PM
I figured I would need 2 people to put the drill press together, but since I am a dedicated supervisor:rolleyes:, I thought I would have both sons so no one felt left out.
I guess I also need to start looking at plans for a drill press table.

Cary Falk
01-05-2008, 8:11 PM
Lori, you are going to love the drill press. I bought one a couple months ago and can't say enough good things about it. :DI put mine together myself but I would not recommend it. It goes together really quickly. The head is very heavy. I built a table for it and put it on a mobile base and it's all good.:cool: