PDA

View Full Version : Marine Corps Graphic Needed

Gary and Jessica Houghton
01-05-2008, 2:08 PM
Hello all!

Is everyone revcovered from the Christmas hammering? We are just now settling back to "normal."

I am needing "busty", the Marine Corp mascot, in vector format. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Gary and Jesscia Houghton

Eric Fuller
01-05-2008, 3:06 PM
No logo, just wanted to give a hearty "OORAH!".

Cpl. Fuller

P.S. It's "Chesty"...although most of us Marines don't mind busty either ;)

Larry Bratton
01-05-2008, 5:57 PM
Hello all!

Is everyone revcovered from the Christmas hammering? We are just now settling back to "normal."

I am needing "busty", the Marine Corp mascot, in vector format. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Gary and Jesscia Houghton
Are you talking about the illustration of General Chesty that says "We're surrounded..that simplifies our problem?"
Just curious to know why you need it in vector format? Why won't a good greyscale be OK for rastering?

Scott Shepherd
01-05-2008, 6:22 PM
I'm guessing it's one of these, but I don't have them, just found these in searches. I know neither is good enough to use in it's current format, but wanted to see which one is was supposed to be.

Larry Bratton
01-05-2008, 7:16 PM
I'm guessing it's one of these, but I don't have them, just found these in searches. I know neither is good enough to use in it's current format, but wanted to see which one is was supposed to be.

Scott:
Since I was not a Marine, I was just assuming Eric was correct in his statement, as he apparently is an ex Marine. I dunno what the bulldog's name is. Could be old busty for all I know :). I fixed up a pretty good greyscale of Chesty that would engrave nicely, and not to be unkind to the dear General, he looks kinda bull doggish!

Daryl Barberousse
01-05-2008, 7:27 PM
Here is what you're looking for.....USMC mascot.....I doubt you're gonna get something in vector format, but I'll keep checking.

Semper Fi

Frank Corker
01-05-2008, 9:26 PM
Well if it's anything like those cartoon ones above I think I have the graphic for the dog. Won't hurt to take a look. You could make the rest up.

Gary and Jessica Houghton
01-07-2008, 1:19 AM
"Busty" , "Chesty" , pretty much the same thing, right?

Seriously, my mistake. I guess I had something else on my mind at the time I was typing.

I'm needing it for a couple of designs that are quite different in size. Vector would simply scale better.

I know that Buzz has one on a wall tribute. Maybe I can get him to 'cut me a deal.' Are you listening Buzz?

Thanks for the replies, folks.

G