PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a Miter Fecne

Edward P. Surowiec
01-05-2008, 1:33 PM
Does anyone know of a source for the Osborne Miter Fence. Norm has them in his store but his price seems high.
Thanks Ed

Norman Pyles
01-05-2008, 4:52 PM
Google is your friend.:)

Larry Anderson
01-05-2008, 5:06 PM
Does anyone know of a source for the Osborne Miter Fence. Norm has them in his store but his price seems high.
Thanks Ed

http://www.performancetoolcenter.com/50-eb3.html

Doug Hobkirk
01-05-2008, 5:12 PM
Wow, that's quite an image at the above link! FAST!

It seems like it would be a good deal at $125, but it seems better at $100. I haven't used one, so I don't know how well it works.

Larry Anderson
01-05-2008, 5:28 PM
It seems like it would be a good deal at $125, but it seems better at $100. I haven't used one, so I don't know how well it works.

Link Removed

keith micinski
01-05-2008, 5:43 PM
I have had my excalibur for a few years now and am happy with it but I have a few concerns. The positive stop works great with out the sand paper installed but once I installed the sand paper on the face it did doesnt want to hinge down all the way due to the extra thickness.Also the positive stops are great and easy to use and set up but if you want to use any other degree's there is quite a bit of room for how you could read the scale and I just don't feel it allows for really accurate settings. Finally the biggest problem I am having is I just bought a new delta saw and when I was setting up the mitre gauge I found that there is not enough adjustment in the slide bar to make it tight in the slot. I am not sure if the slot is a little to big or if the slide bar on the excalibur just does not have enough adjustment built into it. It is close but it could be a little better. This just happened the other day and I haven't decided if I am going to try and find a way to fix it or if I might look at the incra gauge or Kreg makes on that looks pretty good.

keith micinski
01-05-2008, 5:48 PM
Never mind that kreg one only goes out to 24" and I just like the excalibur design over that incra. I think I will fix my excalibur.

Larry Anderson
01-05-2008, 6:23 PM
I have an Incra 1000SE that I used on my contractor saw with Unifence. Loved the Uni because of the ease in setting up for repetitive same length cuts. Now I have a cabinet saw on the way with a Bies type fence. Max extension of the SE is I think 18" as opposed to 42" for the EB3.

Steve Leverich
01-05-2008, 8:36 PM
Keith, for tighter fit have you considered some of the self-adhesive "slick strip" material on one side of the bar (opposite the adjusters) then re-adjust? That should make for tighter fit AND smooth sliding... Steve