PDA

View Full Version : Chinese laser (Rabbit) now w/ RF laser.

David Hirschfield
01-05-2008, 8:04 AM
I noticed Rabbit (hxlaser.com) now offers a RF laser option with their laser.

I enquired and my laser the Rabbit HX6090SE (60cm x 90cm) is $6700 with a 30W and $9500 with a 70W and $13000 for a 100w RF tube. The 120cm x 90cm unit is only $500 more.

From the photos on their site, the brand name on the RF laser unit is Diamond Series manufactured by Coherent in the US. Check out their site at coherent.com, the logo looks the same. Not sure if the unit in the pics is the one that comes with the machine.

Anyone know how these prices compare to similar sized US manufactured and the GCC machines?

It seems like a matter of time before they manufacture a Chinese version of the RF laser, if they haven't already done it. Seems like the gap is closing quickly.

Looks like I may have found my second machine!

Eric Fuller
01-05-2008, 12:10 PM
Wow, that 70W price is VERY attractive. Seems like a lot of the reliability issues people have stem from the CO2 tubes, and perhaps the RF setup would negate that. You'd still have the setup / software issues, but once the bugs are tweaked out wouldn't it be much closer to on par with the higher end machines?

James Jaragosky
01-05-2008, 11:40 PM
Wow, that 70W price is VERY attractive. Seems like a lot of the reliability issues people have stem from the CO2 tubes, and perhaps the RF setup would negate that. You'd still have the setup / software issues, but once the bugs are tweaked out wouldn't it be much closer to on par with the higher end machines?
If you are referring to the initial laser set up. I had my rabbit running in about an hour.
It was rather straight forward.
The software is lacking as you stated.
But with the higher end stuff that is posted here, you can run it with Corel.
3 more years and they might actuality be able to compete with the local stuff. as far as quality
but the local stuff has the after service help down pat and that is a huge plus.

Micheal Donnellan
01-05-2008, 11:44 PM
Anyone know what would be involved in retrofitting a machine to take a RF tube. I know you would have to replace the power supply as they operate differently, would there be much else to change?