PDA

View Full Version : I Need Some 8" Flex Hose For DC Hookups

Rob Will
01-05-2008, 12:48 AM
I have been working on getting my (used) 7.5 hp Oneida cyclone actually hooked up to some tools.:D First in line will be the planer. It has an 8" DC port on top. I am running spiral pipe overhead and need to insert a section of 8" clear Urethane flex hose for the actual planer hookup.

Do you know of a source that will sell me 8" flex by the foot without having to buy a minimum length? This stuff is expensive and I only need about 2 feet.

Do you know of a source where I can buy quick disconnect adaptors for the 8" flex? This would go just under the blast gate and allow me to get the hood off of the planer (PM 225) without having to wrestle steel pipe.
Clear hose would also allow me to see inside to some degree.

Any idea if the term "static disapative" is important when buying DC hookup hose?

Thanks for sharing your knowledge because I have none:o.

Rob

Doug Shepard
01-05-2008, 6:43 AM
I can't seem to access their site this morning to check but I think Wynn Environmental has it.

Todd Bin
01-05-2008, 8:40 AM
Woodworkers supply has all kinds of the clear flex hose. But I just checked and it looks like they only go up to 6". You might try calling them.

http://woodworker.com/cgi-bin/FULLPRES.exe?PARTNUM=124-718

Jim O'Dell
01-05-2008, 9:29 AM
8" flex has got to be some bucks! I never found quick disconnects for the 6" pipe and flex I use. Let me know what you find for 8", I bet they would have the 6" as well. If you are able to find the 8" flex, will it not allow you to pull the hood off the machine and move it out of the way to do what you need to do? Maybe attach some sort of eye hook that you could attach to a cord from the ceiling to hook the hood on to keep it out of the way? Another idea, if you make your own blast gates, use bolts into T-nuts to hold the 2 halves of the gate together with the "runners" attached to one side to keep the gate slide in place and just disassemble the gate to take things apart. Not truly a quick disconnect, but it would work. I did that for the pipe supplying my TS so that I can take it down, move the TS out of the way, and get my van in the shop should a bad hail storm come my way. I've done it once. It would only take me about an hour at this point to move everything out of the way. :eek::D Needless to say, I'll probably end up with dents in the van.:D Jim.

Bob Bernard
01-05-2008, 9:33 AM
Valley Supply thru Amazon.com sells it by the foot. Go here: http://www.amazon.com/Valley-Gasket-Rubber-CVD800-Vacuum/dp/B0006616BU/ref=sr_1_11?ie=UTF8&s=home-garden&qid=1199543379&sr=1-11

Steve knight
01-05-2008, 2:11 PM
grizzly also sells it.

Tim Marks
01-05-2008, 2:47 PM
8" dust port on your planer? What is this, the 10 hp, 36" version? (edit: I see you have the PM225). I can understand 6" flex (which seems more standard on a large planer), but 8" seems a bit over the top.

Grizzly sells it for $70 for 10'. I have some of their 4" clear tubing, and it is good stuff.

http://www.grizzly.com/catalog/2008/Main/182

Rob Will
01-05-2008, 8:14 PM
8" dust port on your planer? What is this, the 10 hp, 36" version? (edit: I see you have the PM225). I can understand 6" flex (which seems more standard on a large planer), but 8" seems a bit over the top.

Grizzly sells it for $70 for 10'. I have some of their 4" clear tubing, and it is good stuff.

http://www.grizzly.com/catalog/2008/Main/182

I have 3 phase power and have been lucky with finding deals on used industrial and pattern shop equipment. The 225 already had an 8" port on it otherwise I probably would switch to 6". Another reason for the 8" is that I have an Onieda 7.5 hp cyclone (10" inlet) that is about 28" in diameter. It is going to take a lot of air flow to make the cyclone work properly. I think it is over kill too but that is the path of least resistance for right now.

BTW: I found a 4' section of 8" Urethane suction hose at a local gasket shop today. Thanks for the replies. I think I got lucky again.

Rob

Justin Dreier
01-05-2008, 9:35 PM
I ordered 8" through Grizzly as I recall. It's clear and very flexible. I believe they have 3' lengths.