PDA

View Full Version : Banners, ribbons, scrolls

Daryl Barberousse
01-04-2008, 9:35 PM
Do any SMC members happen to have any banners, ribbons, or scrolls in vector format? If not, any suggestions.........

Thanks

Joe Pelonio
01-04-2008, 11:31 PM
I'm not near that computer today, but corel 5 has a lot of them in clipart.

Duane Parcells
01-05-2008, 10:24 AM
Daryl

Here are some banners from Corel 7. If you can give a little more detail of exactly what you are looking for I can dig further. This was a quick search for banners only.
Duane

Bruce Volden
01-05-2008, 12:01 PM
Daryl,

Maybe you can stretch, edit nodes????? to get what you need!

Bruce

Daryl Barberousse
01-05-2008, 3:57 PM
Thanks for the replies.......I'm looking for something like this:
http://www.vectorart3d.com/store/index.cfm/Banners_and_Ribbons/

Banners 1,2,3,4,9,10, &11......any ideas?

Thanks again.

Frank Corker
01-05-2008, 9:10 PM
See if there is anything in this lot that will do you. They are all eps so they can be stretched and altered to your hearts content.

James Jaragosky
01-05-2008, 11:25 PM
See if there is anything in this lot that will do you. They are all eps so they can be stretched and altered to your hearts content.
i had bad luck with skype. i even bought a package and got a phone # but the quality was so poor i deleted the program from my system.
would love to know what you do to get it to work.
also i have a team-speak server i rent but don't seem to use that much anymore. it would be great to hear from some of you and your use of it would be free. if your intersted let me know and ill pass on the info.

Frank Corker
01-06-2008, 6:45 AM
James, Skype is much better these days. You don't need to have any packages, the program can be downloaded and used for free. All you need is a microphone and speakers. A webcam is a bonus and these days they are so cheap it hardly seems using without one, but they are not a necessity. I have spoken with Lisa Burger and we both used webcams without problems.

Daryl Barberousse
01-06-2008, 2:25 PM
Can someone educate me on opening a zip file. Thanks.

Frank Corker
01-06-2008, 5:05 PM
Wow, I think you are the first person who doesn't know about it. You need to go to winzip.com and download an evaluation copy of winzip.

http://www.winzip.com/prodpagewz.htm

It's a compression program which allows you to take a bunch of files and compress them into one but at the same time reduce the size of the file.

Take for instance Ribbon1.zip - that file to download is 370.8kb which is small. Once the file is extracted using the winzip program you will find 75 eps files which total 1.24 MB

Daryl Barberousse
01-06-2008, 5:15 PM
Frank,

Ya gotta remember I'm a "leather pounder"....thanks for the info and the files.

Larry Bratton
01-06-2008, 9:33 PM
Do any SMC members happen to have any banners, ribbons, or scrolls in vector format? If not, any suggestions.........

Thanks
Daryl:
In X3 and assume other versions also, their is a tool under your line drawing tool set called the Artistic Media Tool. It has some spray lists and it can also be used to make some pretty neat flourishes etc, it has leaves etc in it too. They look pretty good on leather. I use a Wacom pen with it. I am sure you can also download more spraylists which may have some of what your looking for.

Ed Maloney
01-07-2008, 9:03 AM
Daryl:
In X3 and assume other versions also, their is a tool under your line drawing tool set called the Artistic Media Tool. It has some spray lists and it can also be used to make some pretty neat flourishes etc, it has leaves etc in it too. They look pretty good on leather. I use a Wacom pen with it. I am sure you can also download more spraylists which may have some of what your looking for.

...and you can create your own spray lists if you want.