PDA

View Full Version : New Epilog Drivers and Firmware

Frank Corker
01-04-2008, 8:00 PM
http://www.epiloglaser.com/downloads.htm

Epilog Mini, Helix & EXT Driver Update
Epilog Laser has released a new version of the driver for your Epilog Mini, Helix, and EXT laser systems.
Driver Upgrade:
Changes
Additional dithering patterns
A new layout that now includes three tabs:
General, Advanced, and Color Mapping (click on each to see the new tab layout.)
Additional Dithering Patterns: Popular dithering patterns Floyd-Steinberg, Stucki and Jarvis are now featured directly in the driver.
We have found Jarvis and Stucki to be excellent patterns for etching photos on anodized aluminum, marble, plastic and other materials that produce a white-on-black contrast.
The new ClipArt dithering patterns (Standard/Brighten/Low Res) will produce subtle dithering patterns on ClipArt images. The Standard selection is our standard default dithering that has always been a part of the Epilog driver. The Brighten pattern reduces dot density and produces better looking grayscale images on wood. This was the standard selection on past machines including the Radius and Summit. The Low Res setting reduces the dot density of a grayscale image even more than the Brighten setting, and will improve many low resolution images as well.
Experiment with the patterns and see which ones you like best. Try engraving your favorite grayscale image on anodized aluminum and wood with each dithering pattern - you'll quickly see how each pattern affects your results.

I'm still reading into what exactly they have done, but it certainly looks interesting!

David Griffiths
01-05-2008, 12:51 AM
Hi Frank,
Any luck dowloading the new driver and firmware. I seem to having a few problems.
My file merge after download still shows up as 7.07 and I can't see the 3 screens.

Any advice

regards
Dave

Frank Corker
01-05-2008, 8:58 AM
Dave, I did have that same issue, but after I rebooted the computer. Everything was okay.

David Griffiths
01-05-2008, 10:09 AM
Frank, got the 3 screens now, but the merge file is still showing 7.07.
Will wait until Monday before trying again

Thanks for your help

Regards
Dave