PDA

View Full Version : Somewhat off topic

Don L Johnson
01-04-2008, 7:26 PM
I was looking at the Fine Woodworking site and trying to get a cost of joining. Best I could get without signing up was to accept a free 14 day free trail period. Annone know what the cost per year is? Thanks.

Gary Keedwell
01-04-2008, 7:53 PM
I was looking at the Fine Woodworking site and trying to get a cost of joining. Best I could get without signing up was to accept a free 14 day free trail period. Annone know what the cost per year is? Thanks.
Yea ,about twice the amount to be a contributor on Saw Mill Creek.:rolleyes::o

Gary

Grant Davis
01-04-2008, 8:08 PM
I am not sure but I think there is a discounted rate if you sign up for a full year but I do know that after the 14 day trial period you can go month to month for $4.99

Daryl Upole
01-04-2008, 8:35 PM
If you can get a magazine subscription on ebay you save a lot. I renewed my FWW for three years a little while back. Sorry, I can't remember what I paid but it was about one-half of what it would have been from FWW directly. I just checked, they don't have it on there now - but you could watch for it. Just search for "Fine woodworking subscription". I just renewed my Car Audio subscription for 2 years for $12 - the publisher wanted $24 for one year.

BTW, FWW is worth every penny - whatever you end up paying. I use the annual indexes and look up stuff often.

David Duke
01-04-2008, 8:49 PM
Don, if I'm not mistaken if you are a subscriber to FWW the fee for the FWW site is 14.00 per year, as Gary stated a little over twice what the suggested yearly donation to SMC which will allow you to access the full range of what the Creek has to offer.