PDA

View Full Version : ShopFox W1677 & Grizzly 1023 SAME SAW?

Bob DiGiacomo
01-04-2008, 4:13 PM
Are these saws made by the same manufacturing company? They look so much alike and have vertually the same specifications. I notice the Grizzly uses a shop fox Classic fence, so I was wondering are these the same saws?

Dick Bringhurst
01-04-2008, 4:20 PM
i believe it is. Shop Fox is sold thru retail outlets where Grizzly is mail order only. I also believe they are owned by the same person/Corporation. Both good saws. Dick B.

Dave Lehnert
01-04-2008, 4:37 PM
ShopFox tools are Grizzly tools sold through retailers. Most Shopfox tools offer some kind of upgrade or feature that the Grizzly may not have. Also, I believe Shopfox has a 2 year warranty. Grizzly 1 year.

Pat Germain
01-04-2008, 5:25 PM
Indeed, both Grizzly and Shop Fox are made by Woodstock International. They're both typically the same machine with different paint and logo.

Although Shop Fox machines are intended to be brick-and-mortar retail versions of Grizzly machines, adding to the confusion are web sites, like bibbtool.com, where you can order Shop Fox machines online. It's worthwhile to investigate these sites. I was able to get a Shop Fox jointer with no sales tax and free shipping through a promotion. The same Grizzly machine would have involved a significant shipping cost.

Grizzly also offers occasional sales and promotions. Since they're the same machines, go with the better deal, but consider the convenience of dealing with a local retailer and the better Shop Fox warranty.