PDA

View Full Version : I do get to make some pens from time to time **PICS**

Ken Salisbury
02-26-2004, 8:47 AM
Between all my time with the Freedom Pen Project I do actually get some shop time. I am getting ready for a couple of shows coming up in March. The first one is a large 4 day Home Improvement Show (attendance expected to exceed 15,000 folks). A friend who owns a large high end appliance and Corian countertop business asked me to make some Corian pens to show and sell at his display.

Here are some pics of what I was able to get done in the last couple of weeks:

Picture #1 Flat Top American

Picture #2 Slimline Variations

Picture #3 Comfort Grip pen/pencil sets w/o rubber grip

Picture #4 Desk Pen (I have 10 pens made and have 9 more bases to make which I should get done later today)

Tom Hintz
02-26-2004, 9:01 AM
Ken,
First, nice pens. It's a good thing you are limited on time or none of us would be able to get kits!
I was wondering where you are getting the ferrule hardware into which the pens fit on a stand, as in your last photo. I must be missing them whereever I look.

Ken Salisbury
02-26-2004, 9:07 AM
I was wondering where you are getting the ferrule hardware into which the pens fit on a stand, as in your last photo. I must be missing them whereever I look.

Here ya go:

Packard Woodworks Swivel Pen Funnel (http://miva3.synergydns.net/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=packard&Category_Code=proj-supp-pm-spf)

Ken Fitzgerald
02-26-2004, 9:13 AM
Ken, Nice pens. Question? How do you route the edges on that desktop stand. Do you glue the small piece to something else to use as a handle while routing the edges? Do you need any special router bits to route Corian? Normal carbide bits?

Nice Pens!

Ken Salisbury
02-26-2004, 9:17 AM
Ken, Nice pens. Question? How do you route the edges on that desktop stand. Do you glue the small piece to something else to use as a handle while routing the edges? Do you need any special router bits to route Corian? Normal carbide bits?

Nice Pens!

On my router table by hand like any wooden piece (carefully :D). I use the same carbide router bits as I do on wood.

Tyler Howell
02-26-2004, 9:31 AM
The Master at work.

TJH

Sparky Paessler
02-26-2004, 9:39 AM
They all look great. The master at work!

Dave Bonde
02-26-2004, 10:44 AM
Awesome job Ken, I always enjoy viewing your work. Thanks for posting them. Dave

Tom Hintz
02-26-2004, 4:55 PM
Thanks, Ken!