PDA

View Full Version : Delta dj20 China or Tiawan? PLEASE.....

Ron Bontz
01-04-2008, 11:29 AM
Yes I am still looking at 8" jointers. Especially since I just sold my 6" and now have none. I just have one question that is becoming a pain since getting in contact with Delta is becoming a joke. Is the X5 series DJ20 made in Tiawan or China? Also what is the real difference between the 350A series and the X5 series? The general specs. read the same. All I wanted for X-mas was a straight answer. :confused:

Jerry White
01-04-2008, 12:20 PM
Ron,

I bought the X5 DJ20 about three years ago, so I hope this information is still current. Per the labels on the unit that I received, the jointer was manufactured in Taiwan and the base unit was manufactured in China.

Since I purchased my jointer Grizzly has come to market with the G-0490, which looks like a direct copy of the DJ20. If I were buying today, I would look closely at the Grizzly.

glenn bradley
01-04-2008, 12:41 PM
Given Delta's current state of unrest (and their prices) I would also check the Griz.

Ron Bontz
01-06-2008, 1:19 PM
Thanks for the info.:)

Mike Marcade
01-06-2008, 1:24 PM
The G0490 is like a DJ20 but with a 3hp motor but for half the price. :D

Frank Castleberry
01-06-2008, 2:41 PM
I got a G0490 about 6 months ago. I compared the Grizzly to the DJ20 and could not tell any major differences. I have been really pleased with the performance to-date.

Craig Kershaw
01-06-2008, 8:37 PM
I have the Grizly g490. Yesterday I was at the woodworking show in Baltimore and took a look at the Delta jointer. Other than the paint i couldn't see any difference.

Larry Fox
01-06-2008, 8:45 PM
Check the classifides - there is a guy selling a DJ-20 with Byrd Shelix in CN.

Paul Johnstone
01-07-2008, 4:07 PM
Yes I am still looking at 8" jointers. Especially since I just sold my 6" and now have none. I just have one question that is becoming a pain since getting in contact with Delta is becoming a joke. Is the X5 series DJ20 made in Tiawan or China? Also what is the real difference between the 350A series and the X5 series? The general specs. read the same. All I wanted for X-mas was a straight answer. :confused:

I have the "A" model. I got it when Amazon had that crazy sale on it.
I can't tell you what the differences are (if any), but it's been a great machine for me. Visually, they look identical, but I suppose there may be some differences that aren't apparent to the eye..

Al Killian
01-07-2008, 5:28 PM
Grizzly and Delta are know made in the same plant, so there fore are going to be almost the same, minus paint and a huge price difference. Plus, Grizzly will answer your questions when you have one.