PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have a Chinese cutter within a few hours of Raleigh, NC?

Eric Fuller
01-03-2008, 11:57 PM
Hello everyone,

I've been reading the archives quite a bit lately as I'm interested in picking up a laser machine for my business. I feel pretty well versed on the ups and downs of going with a Chinese machine, but I'd really like to see one in action. If anyone is within a few hours of me, I'd be willing to pay for your time if you wouldn't mind giving me a short demo and let me pick your brain a bit.

Thanks very much,

Eric Fuller

Angus Hines
01-04-2008, 9:50 AM
I'm 3 hours away I'll give you a demo of my machine and it will only cost you the gas to get here.

PM me if your interested in getting a demo of the machine I have.

Eric Fuller
01-04-2008, 10:48 AM
I'm 3 hours away I'll give you a demo of my machine and it will only cost you the gas to get here.

PM me if your interested in getting a demo of the machine I have.

PM sent :D

Since you're offering your time for free, I'll make a donation to the Creek in your honor instead since they're the ones making it possible.

John Frazee
01-04-2008, 4:13 PM
I am 30 minutes away. I am in Dunn. Call me at 910-892-6722 and let me know when you want to come by. I have what you don't want! Just call, I am serious, I do have a Chinese laser bought @3 months ago.

Larry Bratton
01-04-2008, 5:37 PM
Hello everyone,

I've been reading the archives quite a bit lately as I'm interested in picking up a laser machine for my business. I feel pretty well versed on the ups and downs of going with a Chinese machine, but I'd really like to see one in action. If anyone is within a few hours of me, I'd be willing to pay for your time if you wouldn't mind giving me a short demo and let me pick your brain a bit.

Thanks very much,

Eric Fuller
Eric:
And..after you look at those..and you want to compare it to an American made machine, I am in the Charlotte, NC area. I have an Epilog 40watt Ext 36. Your welcome to come and check it out.

Eric Fuller
01-04-2008, 6:17 PM
WOW! Thanks for so many replies. I'm scheduled to go see Angus's unit (wow, that sounds bad actually) on Tuesday. I'll get in touch with you guys (John and Larry) nexxt week as well.

Lemme see, sounds like I'll be able to compare someone happy with their chinese laser, mad at their chinese laser, and an American laser. May have to do a detailed write up on this when I'm done to share the info with the rest of the forum.

Once again, thanks very much to all of you offering to share your time with me!

Mark Rios
01-04-2008, 9:16 PM
I don't know of any Chinese cutters but I know a cute little Puerto Rican girl who carries a mean razor knife.

Scott Shepherd
01-04-2008, 9:28 PM
If you want to see a Universal, come on up to Richmond. We can spend as much time as you'd like.My advice is take some things you'd like to see done and watch all of them work.

You're quite welcome to come on up and spend the day. Weekends are perfectly fine with me as well.

David Harvey
01-05-2008, 7:40 AM
Hi Eric,
I'm located in Youngsville, NC...about a 15 minute drive north from Raleigh. I have 2 Epilog lasers and your welcome to come by a take a look at them anytime....just PM me and we can schedule.

Eric Fuller
01-05-2008, 12:02 PM
Mark, I'll thank you kindly not to perpetuate racial stereotypes. All of my Puerto Rican friends carry switchblades; they wouldn't be caught dead with a cheap razor knife :D

Eric Fuller
01-05-2008, 12:04 PM
Scott and David,

Whew, lemme check out the chinese laser first and go from there. I'd probably rather go see Scott's setup then yours Larry...my truck only gets 14 MPG (but it'll run a 1/4 mile in 12.5 :D:D).

P.S. Sent $20 to the creek...thanks again Angus! See you Tuesday.

Angus Hines
01-05-2008, 12:05 PM
Just saw this. Thanks Eric I'm sure the Creek can use it to keep making all this possible for us all.

PM sent :D

Since you're offering your time for free, I'll make a donation to the Creek in your honor instead since they're the ones making it possible.

Larry Bratton
01-05-2008, 1:27 PM
Scott and David,

Whew, lemme check out the chinese laser first and go from there. I'd probably rather go see Scott's setup then yours Larry...my truck only gets 14 MPG (but it'll run a 1/4 mile in 12.5 :D:D).

P.S. Sent $20 to the creek...thanks again Angus! See you Tuesday.
Eric:
Your more than welcome to come and see me, but I understand the fuel thing completely. I notice David Harvey has responded also, and he's close to you. You wanna see some great work..he's the guy plus he's got 2 machines. One of them is like mine except higher wattage.Be sure and schedule a visit with him too if you can. Good luck!

Mark Rios
01-05-2008, 9:31 PM
Mark, I'll thank you kindly not to perpetuate racial stereotypes. All of my Puerto Rican friends carry switchblades; they wouldn't be caught dead with a cheap razor knife :D

I'll have you know, Eric, that I am Puerto Rican and I am very proud of my razor knife collection. They are highly prized here in this area. I have different types depending on the type of fight I'm in. (And besides.....switchblades are illegal. :p)

:D:D:D