PDA

View Full Version : Picture Posting Problem

Lars Thomas
02-26-2004, 12:34 AM
Keith, Aaron and Admins, I was attempting to post a pic in a post tonight and after I clicked 'Attach Pic' (or whatever the button to the right of Browse says), I get something that looks like a 304 error. Is there a problem or just a loose nut behind the keyboard? Thanks. Lars

John Miliunas
02-26-2004, 8:07 AM
Keith, Aaron and Admins, I was attempting to post a pic in a post tonight and after I clicked 'Attach Pic' (or whatever the button to the right of Browse says), I get something that looks like a 304 error. Is there a problem or just a loose nut behind the keyboard? Thanks. Lars

Lars, this is assuming that the picture posting feature is working. At any rate, one of our other members was having issues getting pictures posted the other day and, after going through any number of attempts at resolution, we finally struck upon one which appeared to fix it. If you're not already running it, go out to: http://www.lavasoftusa.com/software/adaware/

Download, install it and then run the application, making sure you check for any updates for it first. Once it's done scanning, let it do its cleanup. Then go to your browser and clear out the "cookies" and "cache", close it and reboot the machine. Try posting your pic(s) again. If it works, problem solved. One caveat with running *Adaware* is: If you've installed freeware or shareware, which itself was responsible for carrying mal-ware along with it, there's a good chance *Adaware* will also disable the original application. I don't see this as "bad", because if such free/shareware had a mal-ware payload with it and installed it without your permission (or knowing about it), doesn't belong on your machine in the first place! Just MHO, of course. Keep us posted to your progress/attempts. :cool:

BTW: Apologies to Keith, Aaron & Admins, as I'm not one of them. Just thought I might be able to help. :cool:

Jim Becker
02-26-2004, 6:00 PM

Make sure you are posting your pictures in a format that is "understandable" on the web. This normally would be a JPG file, but could be a GIF or PNG. I've gotten an error like that (I don't remember the number) when I accidently forgot to "save as" to JPG in Elements after extensive doctoring required the application's native file format...SMC's software choked on that!