PDA

View Full Version : Vectored Sports Logos

Angus Hines
01-03-2008, 10:58 AM
Just found this site and thought I post the resource for others. they have all of the sport pro/college logos in vector format available as a free download.

http://www.sports-logos-screensavers.com/Vectors.html

Joe Pelonio
01-03-2008, 11:19 AM
Good find, but from the site:

"Sports-Logos-Screensavers.com does not own the rights to any of the material on this site. All images and screen savers have been created for the sole purpose of free distribution."

All of these logos are copyrighted/trademarked by the leagues and teams owning them and they will prosecute if they find their logos being used without their permission.

From MLB.com, for example:

© 2001-2008 MLB Advanced Media, L.P. All rights reserved. The following are trademarks or service marks of Major League Baseball entities and may be used only with permission of Major League Baseball Properties, Inc. or the relevant Major League Baseball entity: Major League, Major League Baseball, MLB, the silhouetted batter logo, World Series, National League, American League, Division Series, League Championship Series, All-Star Game, and the names, nicknames, logos, uniform designs, color combinations, and slogans designating the Major League Baseball clubs and entities, and their respective mascots, events and exhibitions.

Darryl Hazen
01-03-2008, 11:28 AM
To expand on Joe's post, you may want to read what "Uncle Sam" has to say about copyright penalties:

http://www.copyright.gov/title17/92appf.html

There are a lot of sites offering copyrighted artwork files. Most are located outside the United States. Brands of the world is located in Russia. The fact that the artwork appears on the internet does not mean you can use it without fear of prosecution.

Angus Hines
01-03-2008, 12:26 PM
Thanks for the warnings I am well aware of the copyright laws. I just posted the info for people to use for their own personal amusement. Should they use it for other purposes then I'm sure they will learn all about copyright laws at that time.

Daryl Barberousse
01-03-2008, 12:59 PM
Thanks Angus....I can definately use the info.