PDA

View Full Version : Need ideas for DC duct and hose

David Wilhelm
01-02-2008, 11:35 PM
I picked up the 2hp HFDC . I think I'm going to run 4 inch PVC drain with a ground wire. I figure I can heat the PVC if needed to make my fit to my hoses and DC work out. I'm not sure what i'm going to use for my drop hoses to my lathes or how i'm going to gate or cap them off. I guess I will just cap or plug up each hose. I looked and the kit at HF it had 2, 10' lines and a bunch of stuff I'd not use for 42 bucks. I think Woodcraft has the clear 4"x10' for $40 and klingspores has I think a black hose that is much cheaper. Is there a favorite hose? Would I benifit by going with a larger or smaller pipe? I have 3 lathes that I want to run to but what I care most about is sanding dust. Thanks for any ideas...... Will

Bernie Weishapl
01-02-2008, 11:40 PM
Will I have the same dust collector. I got the Wyn cartridge filter on the top of mine which is .5 micron. Cost about $90 I think but wanted to have the best filtering that I could get. I have it running to 3 lathes also using blast gates. It doesn't work to well with all three open. So the blast gate for the lathe I am working on is the only one open. I also ran PVC the used a PVC Y to connect each lathe. Works really good for sucking up sanding dust. My total run in about 25'.

Reed Gray
01-02-2008, 11:44 PM
When I got my Oneida system, they said that 2 hp was margional for running 2 machines at once. You could run 5 inch lines to your machines, then step down to 4 inch lines at the machines.
robo hippy

David Wilhelm
01-03-2008, 12:09 AM
Bernie. I'm not going to use a filter with mine I'm going mount my blower up high and shoot it through the back wall. I'm wonder if by doing this if it will give me the full 1600 CFM or cut down on CFMs. I dont reall have the inside space for the filter setup with out getting rid of some stuff. I have my worries as well, #1 it's going to suck out all my heat. #2 I'll have to open the door or it will suck the smoke back in from my wood stove or even worse a spark our onto the shop floor. I was reading on Bill's site afte i'd had all the negs on his Dr's link and that made me go aead with this plan. Then again that Dr doesn't know i have a wood stove :( I've not had it running so i dont know how much suction i'm dealing with yet if i dont like it i'll try something else. what kind of hoses do you use and what are those blast gate you have?