PDA

View Full Version : Machined pulleys and belt.

keith micinski
01-02-2008, 9:44 PM
I went to the store today to buy a low vibration belt and the woman at the store told me they are good but a set of machined pulleys and matching belt are even better. She said to look at Woodcraft but I did not see anything there is there somewhere else to look?

Chuck Lenz
01-02-2008, 9:52 PM
http://www.in-lineindustries.com/performance_pack.html

glenn bradley
01-02-2008, 10:00 PM
She's right and Chuck's got the location. Woodcraft and Rockler, Hartville, etc. no longer seem to carry the pulleys.

keith micinski
01-02-2008, 10:29 PM
I think she was referring to a system that had two pulleys and a serpentine belt. That price seems pretty good for that system though so I will probably go with that.

Bruce Wrenn
01-02-2008, 10:42 PM
The Fenner Power Twist belts are great for contractor's saws. As for pulleys, Browning cast iron pulleys are machined.

Joe Chritz
01-02-2008, 10:59 PM
Not to Hijack but has anyone tried truing up a regular cast pulley on a lathe?

Wouldn't seem like it would be very hard to just touch the outside edges to true it up.

Joe

Bruce Wrenn
01-03-2008, 9:52 PM
Not to Hijack but has anyone tried truing up a regular cast pulley on a lathe?

Wouldn't seem like it would be very hard to just touch the outside edges to true it up.

JoeAll the pulleys I buy are already turned. They don't turn the section where the set screw is though. But where the rubber meets the road, that is turned. I usually buy Browning pulleys, but have some from Grizzly that are also machined

Dale Lesak
01-03-2008, 10:15 PM
I'm not going to guarantee this but I'm thinking that if a magnet will stick to the pulleys they are machined, if not they "May not be machined" just casted. That doesn't mean that a casted pulley can't be machined but all the steel pulleys I have seen are machined. and that's all I got to say about pulleys :)