PDA

View Full Version : Planer Cart

Paul Fitzgerald
01-02-2008, 8:00 PM
I thought someone might be interested in the planer cart I just built for my Ridgid R4330. I'm sure it would work for similar lunchbox planers, even if you had to slightly modify the dimensions.

It was built with 2x4s that were planed and jointed flat and square and to a final dimension of 1-1/4" x 3-1/4". Everything is glued and screwed together. The top is a 3/4" thick piece of MDF and the casters are swivel locking 3" polyurethane from Grizzly for added mobility.

I plan on later adding a few full extension drawers and enclosing three sides with 1/4" plywood or MDF.

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=78454

Paul

Bill Huber
01-10-2008, 9:09 AM
I wish I had the room for a nice cart like that for mine, I had to put mine on a flip cart and keep it under the bench.
It looks like the cart should work just fine. Its nice what you can do with 2x4s and plane them down they work really well for some things.

I really like my 4330 and I think it does a great go, I just wish they would have given an extra set of blades with it like they did the 1300.

Paul Fitzgerald
01-10-2008, 2:29 PM
I wish I had the room for a nice cart like that for mine, I had to put mine on a flip cart and keep it under the bench.
It looks like the cart should work just fine. Its nice what you can do with 2x4s and plane them down they work really well for some things.

I really like my 4330 and I think it does a great go, I just wish they would have given an extra set of blades with it like they did the 1300.

I was afraid I made it too big, but I'm pretty happy with the size. It'll be nicer once I put a few drawers in it as well.

You're right... jointed and planed 2x4s do work very well for this type of thing. They're strong and cheap.

I'm probably going to try and reinstall my Wixey soon and may have a few questions for you. Your installation (http://sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=70403)turned out very well.

Paul