PDA

View Full Version : Amana Saw Blades

Geoff Potter
01-02-2008, 7:07 PM
Are the Amana triple chip blades worth the money? I have a chance to buy 13 blades with 3 of them being this brand. Need some help fellas!!!

Jim Becker
01-02-2008, 8:50 PM
Ammana typically makes very nice blades. It might be helpful if you can post the specific model number. Triple chip grind is typically for sheet goods including melamine and other particle board based materials.

scott spencer
01-02-2008, 9:09 PM
It'd also be helpful to specify which line. Amana has at least two, likely 3. "Prestige", "A.G.E.", and the "Amana Industrial". I don't know too much about them other than that....I've always assumed they're decent quality.

Holbren (http://www.holbren.com/manufacturers.php?manufacturerid=11&catid=654) recently picked up the line, so Brian Gumpper can probably tell you more.

Bruce Wrenn
01-02-2008, 9:16 PM
Are the Amana triple chip blades worth the money? I have a chance to buy 13 blades with 3 of them being this brand. Need some help fellas!!!That ad has been on craigslist before. I would have to see blades before committing to purchase. Poster doesn't say anything about the other 10 blades. That causes me concern. Add the cost of sharpening 13 blades, and is this still a bargin?

Brian Gumpper
01-06-2008, 1:34 PM
What Jim said, typicall used for sheet goods but a very durable grind and typically good for crosscutting.

If he could give you the model numbers you can determine their worth. TCG blades are typically 60-80 teeth.

JayStPeter
01-06-2008, 5:13 PM
The one I have is a great ply/melamine blade and also works extremely well in the miter saw.