PDA

View Full Version : Enclosing notes/sponsorship

Rick Prevett
02-25-2004, 3:13 PM
Let's see...

Blanks - check (thanks Todd)
Kits - check - should be here today (thanks Ken)
Pen tubes - check - should be on their way (thanks Terry)
Volunteers - check - our club is committed to turn every kit we can get.

Notes/Sponsorships - How is everyone handling these? How do I include a note or sponsorship notice with each pen? Or are they randomly assigned? Is there a standard size for the notes?

Thanks in advance for any info..

rick

Greg Heppeard
02-25-2004, 3:41 PM
We've been enclosing a small note in the plastic tube with the maker's name and the kind of wood was used... I'm sure you could put other info on it if you wanted

Rod Torgeson
02-25-2004, 4:28 PM
Rick... Here is what I have enclosed with my pens.

The wood in this pen is (name of wood) and was hand-crafted by
Rod Torgeson. I would like to show my support for "our soldiers" by
sending you this handmade pen. Please use it to write your family
and friends back home. Hearing from you is important for them, as
it is for you to hear from them.

I got part of this phrase from Ken Salisbury's comments in an interview that he had with a local newspaper some time ago.

Hope this helps. Rod Torgeson in Appleton, WA

Joel Shapiro
02-25-2004, 4:31 PM
I'm including a short note, my name and my city, state. I'll probably add the wood used in this next build and it's been suggested I include my E-Mail address, although I'm reluctant to do so.

Rick Prevett
02-25-2004, 5:11 PM
Thanks guys for the responses.

Since we're using pen tubes, how big are your notes? Fortune cookie size? 3x5? I was reading that we shouldn't obscure the pens in the tubes for security reasons. Does that hold true for the notes?

thanks again.

rick

Harry Pye
02-25-2004, 5:19 PM
I am planning to attach the note to the outside of the tube. One piece of Scotch tape to fasten the note to the tube and another to keep the note from unrolling. Probably keep the note as far up or down on the tube as possible so note to hide the contents. BTW, I will also advise the type of refill required.

Harry

Jerry Stringer
02-26-2004, 12:56 AM
I've got some folks writing full blown letters, and some are doing 3 x 5 cards, plus I'm adding a little information sheet about the program and the pen and listing all the people who personally sponsored me to do the pens.

By folding them together, they should fit in the tube and still show about half of the pen.

Jerry

Ken Salisbury
02-26-2004, 7:44 AM
Attached is the note I include with my pens. Please note that I do not include an address of any kind. I don't intend for the recipient to respond with thanks. I get my thanks by already knowing the appreciation that is there.

Daniel Yourdon
02-26-2004, 10:49 AM
I used a business sized card, Bought actual business cardsa at sams club for something like 1000 for $20.00. with my name E-mail and a hand written message. I've been a pen pal to several troops in the past. so giving them contact info can sometimes give them someone to write.
my first 15 pens had notes written on the back of my web sight cards. don't know if I will keep doing that cause this isn't ment to promote anything.