PDA

View Full Version : skiing snow boot adjust thingi tool :)

Rasmus Petersen
01-02-2008, 2:22 AM
the misses and i are goging on the anual 14 days of skiing i the dolomites... she has had an operation in the wrist and was worring about beeing able to tighten her boots. so into the thinktank and i came up with this.

This is a to be brutally used tool hence not a lot of finish. size is around 9-10 cm long. steel is from an old eurotruss pin cut sanded and polished with steel wool.

i made the tool by drilling on the lathe and when i had the debth used a pice of scrap to stop the drill from going deeper and thus created a simple friction drive... nice and easy i thought.... but my crap lathe (goddampiceofchineescrap) dosent line up. the tailstock never sets in the same place twice side to side and up and down... so again slightly oval. damit...
have begun the piggybank to get me something better have eyes on danish made promat... but the price the price...

Comments are more than welcome.

Ben Gastfriend
01-02-2008, 6:37 AM
Just another of a long list of useful tools you can make with a lathe! Good job! If I neede a Skiing Snow Boot adjust thingi tool, I'd be proud to own it!

Bob Hallowell
01-02-2008, 8:20 AM
Rasmus,

Looks like a good project to me. I have always wanted to visit the Dolimites. I see them every year on the "Grand Tours" and wonder how in the world those guys can climb them mountains so fast!

Bob

Rasmus Petersen
01-02-2008, 8:37 AM
i have see some of the ski marathon where they RUN up the slopes faster that most do down... i think i will get a few orders from the ladies on this tool....

robert hainstock
01-02-2008, 10:22 AM
Good inovation. Perhaps a lanyard loop trough the handle to keep it handy.:)
Bob

Rasmus Petersen
01-02-2008, 10:44 AM
yep and dot stik it anywhere until you are sure it completly dry..... glued it with PU glue and the stuff seeped out throug the endgrain. sadly swimbo had put in her ski boots already and the glue set on a small part of the inner sole so i had to cut it out... hope she will forgive me when i tell her...

Harvey M. Taylor
01-02-2008, 12:01 PM
Rasmus,
Let me remind you that we have ladies and some teenagers that read and post here. They may not appreciate some of your language.Just a reminder, Max

Rasmus Petersen
01-02-2008, 12:36 PM
and all my comments are made with the greatest respect to my own and all other of the fairer part of humanity. no ill will intended ...