PDA

View Full Version : Router Dilemma

Don L Johnson
01-01-2008, 7:54 PM
For non table use, I use a PC 7529. I originally bought it as a refurbished unit several years ago. About 2 years ago, I had to invest about $120 to get it fixed. I was doing some routing, and the router just quit; checked brakers, changed plugs, etc.

I don't really want to invest more money in an older router (as it appears to have been "refurbished" for a reason), but I have the $60 rounter edge guide (PC Model #42700), and this router fits so well in the FMT.

Is there a replacement out there in the 2 hp range that will replace this one and not require a different edge guide, etc? Thanks for your help.

Jim Becker
01-01-2008, 8:31 PM
The PC8529 may use the same guide and replaced the PC7529. I don't know if it's still currently, however.

Jim O'Dell
01-01-2008, 9:40 PM
Sounds like your 7529 had the speed controller go out in it. My 8529 did the same thing. The controller board for the 8529 is available for about 35.00 to 45.00 on line (Sears had the best price!!), I'm sure the 7529 board is comparably priced. I temporarily wired around the board which gives me full power and no soft start. It may burn it up too, but I don't use it much.
I too don't know if the 8529 is still available. You should be able to do a web search to find out. Maybe check some of the other models and see if the same model edge guide fits them? Might be able to find a current model that works with it with a little leg work. Jim.